DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 PM

Default Seeking opinions on Yamaha DTX 700K kit.

Hi folks,

I'm a long time bass player that is looking to get into drums and, like so many others, acoustic drums are not practical for my situation. My plan right now (still waiting for the cash) is to buy the Yamaha DTX 700K kit, plus an extra cymbal+stand, as the module has one more cymbal ports than cymbals. I figure I'll get the larger PCY155 and use it as a ride, and keep the smaller PCY135 (x2) for crashes, or possibly a crash/splash combo depending on what's needed. I do love the ability to change sounds w/o changing hardware or having to buy a zillion cymbals.

So, I'm interested in hearing about real experiences with the DTX 700, whether it be pro or con. Please don't just regurgitate what you read on a forum or be a Roland fanboy with in irrational dislike of Yamaha. I understand brand loyalty (Fender man, through and through) but I'm seeking factual testimony.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Seeking opinions on Yamaha DTX 700K kit.

I recommend the DTX-700 module. It has several really great sounding kits on it. I bought a DTX-535 set and upgraded the module to a 700. I used to have a Roland V-drum set and many different one-piece kits from KAT, Yamaha, Roland, Alesis, and a bunch of acoustics since the 1960s. Nothing has been as nice as my current setup.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Seeking opinions on Yamaha DTX 700K kit.

I guess the major complaint about the Roland kits is that the sounds aren't sampled off of acoustic kits like Yamaha's.