DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 05-04-2014, 01:03 AM

Default simmons sd7k drum module/audio out issue

Hey everyone, I have been having an issue with my simmons sd7k electric kit lately and this seemed like a good place to try and get some help. So I have had this kit for a few years and haven't had too many issues. I got some new pads from simmons while it was still under warranty, as there was an issue with the snare, crash, and hi hats cutting out once in a while if played simultaneously. The issue was temporarily resolved but is still there sometimes. Anyway, I finally added this kit to my acoustic kit about a week ago. I used them just enough to test the set up and everything was great! My band had practice 2 days later, and when I went to play, the volume was barely audible. After checking/adjusting inputs, outputs, the pa, and the module, as well as testing with headphones, it seems the kit is only putting out very low volume. The audio it is putting out also has a constant hum. The best I can describe the sound is to say it is akin to the sound produced by plugging in a cable halfway. The volume is turned up on the module as well as the correct input in the pa. I have instrument cables going from the stereo outputs in the back, though I have tried the mono output as well as the headphone jack. All cables are secure and other instruments work fine through the pa. The drums sound the same through all channels too. If I go through a pc then into the pa and use midi, everything sounds fine (except midi is complicated and I understand it even less on this kit). Sorry for such a long post but I am trying to be thorough in my description. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:07 AM

Default Re: simmons sd7k drum module/audio out issue

I just wanted to add that this is not exclusive to the sounds triggered by the pads. The built in song bank sounds the same.

Last edited by dachrizzist; 05-04-2014 at 02:44 AM.