DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 04-21-2014, 01:01 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Update on the guy who sabotaged my van

For anyone who doesn't know the backstory....in the mid 2000's my wife (before we met) worked for a guy named John who filed a lot of fraudulent tax returns. My wife was coerced into testifying against him by the IRS by threatening to include her into the lawsuit. So anyway, the guy went to Federal prison for 4 years. Well 6 months after he got out, about a year ago now, someone, we think it was this guy John, had the lugnuts on one tire of my van removed. The result was my drivers side back wheel flew off while I was doing 45 on a rural road. No one was hurt, but it was a helluva WTF! feeling, not in a good way either.

Well a few days ago he was hot dogging on his boat in the Delaware River, apparently jumping it over the wake of a passing tugboat, when he somehow got thrown from the boat.

He is presumed dead. Witnesses saw him trying to swim for shore, but he didn't make it. He wasn't wearing a life jacket. He's the only guy in the world I ever had to worry about and now he's dead. The boat just drove around in circles until it ran out of gas. I wonder if the boat hit him. Karma man. Do right by people.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Update on the guy who sabotaged my van

Moral of the story: Don't f&^% with Uncle Larry.

And wear your life vest!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Administrator

What goes around comes around.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:44 AM
Platinum Member

It's obvious that you removed the lug nuts on his boat to get some revenge. No need to hide it from us!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Platinum Member

Larry, you never had any proof that your van was tampered with.
Wheels on vehicles do loosen from time to time. I know this because I am an automotive technician and I have seen it happen many times over the years. It is possible that the incident with your van was just an accidental occurrence.
Just saying.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Grunts, I just noticed your signature line -- as you can see, it's also on mine (presumed family motto). Kind of fits this topic, eh?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 AM
Administrator

I just added that yesterday. I saw it in a documentary and it just fit my mood at the time.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Platinum Member

Its actually very cool story. A little mystery, intrigue, terror, and then 'just desserts' for the villain. Karma's a B$tch.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
he somehow got thrown from the boat.
Hmm....

Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 03:00 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Larry, you never had any proof that your van was tampered with.
Wheels on vehicles do loosen from time to time. I know this because I am an automotive technician and I have seen it happen many times over the years. It is possible that the incident with your van was just an accidental occurrence.
Just saying.
I hear you Bob. But I don't believe it to be a natural accident. Another car at my house, a guest, had her lugs loosened during a SuperBowl party we were having a few months prior. She noticed hers the next day, nothing happened to her. I live on a cul de sac off the beaten path. 2 lug loosenings within a 3 month period is just too fishy. I have a locking lug on each mag. He couldn't get that off. It took 45 minutes for it to wiggle off. Thank God there was no oncoming traffic, or a cyclist, the projectile tire could have caused some real damage. As it happened it just hit a split rail fence. I thought the tire sounded a little loud when I first drove that day. I should have acted on my instincts. After I turned the radio up, that was it.

8 you're giving Henri a run for his money lol pretty funny. Is it wrong to feel good about a mans death? I am more relieved now, I can stop checking my lugs every day now.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
8 you're giving Henri a run for his money lol pretty funny. Is it wrong to feel good about a mans death? I am more relieved now, I can stop checking my lugs every day now.
Glad you enjoyed it :)

Not wrong at all, under the circumstances. Sounds like the guy was a real s***-stain of a human being. The world is a better place without him.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:27 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Yea he wasn't a good hearted person. It feels strange that I have that stress taken away. Like is it really for real? They never recovered the body and the search was called off. It was a sort of an Easter present to my wife and I from the universe.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Platinum Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying the death of someone who caused you so much grief.

To this day, I still get a smile on my face on the anniversary of the death of my stepdad.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Platinum Member

Well if he made you crash your van then he certainly wasn't a nice guy but if not, there are worse people than tax cheats.

I know what you mean though. The world would be a better place without one of my ex girlfriends in it.

Hey... how do we know you didn't sabotage his boat?

Last edited by Dre25; 04-21-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Including John's boat.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 AM

Maybe he faked his death so he could harass you more? :p
Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
In this case, the hull of the boat :) Damn, just noticed Pocket beat me to it :(

8 = LOL!!!!

Larry, relief is a great feeling, & allowing you to get on with your life without second guessing is a small but significant thing. Applauding someone's demise seems so counter decency, but sometimes, we're just better off without those bad apples around. You've had a tough year, & deserve something to lift you up :)
Old 04-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

Larry, I think the word you're looking for is schadenfreude.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

We need Jack Bauer on this case asap. I'm glad the show 24 returns in a few weeks.

I also recall Larry the issue of this person allegedly bugging your van or something of that ilk. But you did right - put it in the hands of God or whatever higher power you want and let them to do the rest and don't worry about it.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

I am glad that you no longer have to worry about the guy Larry and don't think there is anything wrong celebrating the death of someone who caused you pain and suffering. There are a few people I knew who met untimely deaths and their passing brought me utter joy. I just broke out into a wide smile thinking about one of the aholes who bit it - a stereo typical bully who harassed a girl friend (friend zone friend) of mine so bad that she is still messed up - he accidentally walked in front of an SUV while he was talking to his then girl friend and went SPLAT. The girl was not injured. Would have paid a lot of money to see that one...

Hate to admit it but it's the way it goes....

MM

Last edited by Mike_In_KC; 04-21-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: gramer
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerSneed View Post
Maybe he faked his death so he could harass you more? :p
We thought of this straight away. Bad way to fake your death though, too problematic. I believe he's dead. Fish food to be more exact.

No Larry he never bugged my van, he (more likely someone he hired) loosened mine and another cars lugs (a few months apart) while parked in my driveway. He wasn't the kind to get his hands dirty like that.

To be accurate, I was just speculating that the boat hit him. It probably didn't happen that way. I just don't understand...he was seen swimming for like 2 minutes. So he wasn't unconscious. I just don't see how the current can take a man underwater and not let him up. When you are swimming for your life, it seems something really has to go wrong to stop a person. I've swam in that river. Yes the current is strong. I don't quite understand why he went under. My best guess is the cold water got to him and weakened him, that's more likely.

Dre, you don't know that I sabotaged his boat. I didn't even know he had a boat. I trust in the universe to even the score, that's not my responsibility.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
We thought of this straight away. Bad way to fake your death though, too problematic. I believe he's dead. Fish food to be more exact.

No Larry he never bugged my van, he (more likely someone he hired) loosened mine and another cars lugs (a few months apart) while parked in my driveway. He wasn't the kind to get his hands dirty like that.

To be accurate, I was just speculating that the boat hit him. It probably didn't happen that way. I just don't understand...he was seen swimming for like 2 minutes. So he wasn't unconscious. I just don't see how the current can take a man underwater and not let him up. When you are swimming for your life, it seems something really has to go wrong to stop a person. I've swam in that river. Yes the current is strong. I don't quite understand why he went under. My best guess is the cold water got to him and weakened him, that's more likely.

Dre, you don't know that I sabotaged his boat. I didn't even know he had a boat. I trust in the universe to even the score, that's not my responsibility.
I wonder if alcohol of drugs were involved...

Larry do you mind if I post a link to the story?

Mike
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Gold Member

It was a Bull Shark! They have been know to travel up freshwater rivers in search of food, and have easy access to the Delaware River through the Delaware Bay. While flailing around in a panic, the shark sensed his distress and moved in for an easy meal. This probably did not happen, but is possible, and fun to think about if you really don't like somebody or they deserve it.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 PM
"Uncle Larry"

No Mike I don't mind. It's public record. But thanks for asking. Drugs or alcohol? Maybe alcohol, but I don't know. I don't think he was a druggie.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I just don't understand...he was seen swimming for like 2 minutes. So he wasn't unconscious. I just don't see how the current can take a man underwater and not let him up. When you are swimming for your life, it seems something really has to go wrong to stop a person. I've swam in that river. Yes the current is strong. I don't quite understand why he went under. My best guess is the cold water got to him and weakened him, that's more likely.
Very easy. Shock from water temperature, wearing clothes etc plus current can make rivers extremely dangerous. Perhaps he couldn't swim either?

The only odd bit is that he was wearing a PFD. Unless it was the type that is designed to be inflated in the water, it would have kept him on the surface. Still easy to drown though, especially if he was injured as he fell off the boat
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

Here you go guys - looks like eye witness accounts indicate he was not wearing a life jacket...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9508315

MM
Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

My dear Larry, I am very glad that you and your wife can sleep at night now.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:53 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Tom View Post
Very easy. Shock from water temperature, wearing clothes etc plus current can make rivers extremely dangerous. Perhaps he couldn't swim either?

The only odd bit is that he was wearing a PFD. Unless it was the type that is designed to be inflated in the water, it would have kept him on the surface. Still easy to drown though, especially if he was injured as he fell off the boat
Well they say he did swim for 100 yards, but they also said they saw him swimming for 2 minutes. Which doesn't add up. And he was not wearing PFD. One was seen floating near him, why he didn't go for it I don't know. He was arrogant and maybe he figured he had this under control. It does seem like he could swim a little bit. I'm thinking cold, then probably panic when he started to realize he might not make it. The clothes are a definite factor, they weigh you right down, but the water...it's been cold here, the water couldn't have been more than 45 degrees. 50 tops. That's significantly cold. In the end, there was no one but himself to blame. Kinda floored by all of this. Out of all the people, the one guy I had to worry about....accidentally kills himself. Things like this only serve to strengthen my commitment to the things I believe in, namely, don't screw people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
My dear Larry, I am very glad that you and your wife can sleep at night now.
Madge dear...thank you so much. The warmth of your sentiment really came through. Thank you.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well they say he did swim for 100 yards, but they also said they saw him swimming for 2 minutes.
Could happen easily. What were the conditions? 100 yards in calm water is vastly different to 100 yards when cold, fast flowing currents, panic or fatigue come into play. Even strong swimmers can get caught out.

I've spent years watching people panic in the surf mate. Once currents come into play and you're working three times as hard, yet still going backwards, it can all fall apart very bloody quickly.

Quote:
Which doesn't add up.
To be fair, eyewitness accounts seldom do. Ask any copper. That's why they try and take as many as they can and form a broader picture of what exactly happened.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The warmth of your sentiment really came through. Thank you.
Well clearly it didn't, but I don't play games and I say what I mean. I am glad that you and your wife don't need to worry about being taken out by some nutter.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Could happen easily. What were the conditions? 100 yards in calm water is vastly different to 100 yards when cold, fast flowing currents, panic or fatigue come into play. Even strong swimmers can get caught out.

I've spent years watching people panic in the surf mate. Once currents come into play and you're working three times as hard, yet still going backwards, it can all fall apart very bloody quickly.

To be fair, eyewitness accounts seldom do. Ask any copper. That's why they try and take as many as they can and form a broader picture of what exactly happened.
True that Jules.Eye witness acounts of the same event will vary wildly,especially where time is concerned.Witnesses tend to exagerate the passing of time incorrectly,both over and underestimating,so the guy may have been swimming longer than witness accounts.

My younger and richer brother,had a boat which he used to jump wakes,till he gave himself a concussion,and several cracked and broken teeth.

Larry,don't worry about feeling good about this turd taking a permanent water nap.He put lives in danger doing what he most likely did to those vehicles.The guy was a coward,who just stunk up the place,and the whole planet is better off without him.

+1 to what Madge said.Now you'll sleep better at night,without this tool,possibley taking another run at you.Pay back is a bit*h,he should have learned that in jail,where he was someones prision wife.:)

Also a +1 to Larry Z....Jack's back.Did you see any of the trailers?They're on Fox on demand if you have cable.

Steve B

Steve B
Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_In_KC View Post
Here you go guys - looks like eye witness accounts indicate he was not wearing a life jacket...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9508315

MM
boating alone, and doing hi risk moves jumping wakes with no life jacket. a real Darwin award winner.
evidently had no friends, or a death wish.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:49 PM
"Uncle Larry"

According to my wife, who was in a relationship with him, he was narcisstic, and arrogant. He partook of the herb, but was not a big drinker, even though he had a bar in the basement. She always cites the tags he would leave on his Ethan Allen furniture, just to impress guests. In fact she attested that he jumped wakes with her in the boat. (different boat). He was most likely standing up. The boat was airborne after jumping the wake and it's nose went in the water and he went over the windshield.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Gold Member

Whats interesting is that I can imagine you risking your life to jump in and save him...if push came to shove.

...with that said, feel free to enjoy the reduced stress...not your fault he was an amoral moron.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:50 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFiore View Post
Larry, I think the word you're looking for is schadenfreude.
Jim, you're a born teacher. I wasn't aware of that one, thanks. I'll probably never use the word though, it sounds too much like something from Hogans Heros lol.

They have a word for everything, don't they? They probably have a word to exactly describe the feeling of the realization that they have a word for everything.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Jim, you're a born teacher. I wasn't aware of that one, thanks. I'll probably never use the word though, it sounds too much like something from Hogans Heros lol.

They have a word for everything, don't they? They probably have a word to exactly describe the feeling of the realization that they have a word for everything.
Vokabularzufriedenheit.

It's part of the zeitgeist.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post
don't worry about feeling good about this turd taking a permanent water nap.
Steve B
Obviously not a "floater" then Steve ;) ;) ;)
Old 04-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Obviously not a "floater" then Steve ;) ;) ;)
It must be from the lack of moral fiber!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
It must be from the lack of moral fiber!
Hahaha, yes.

Seriously though Larry, is this detritus smart enough to fake his own demise in public?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM

You don't know if he did it or not. You better hope there's not Karma as you seem to relishing this mans death