DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM

Default Stick Bags

What are your stick bags like?

I have a basic nylon version with a red trim but I am thinking I should get something a bit more substantial to hold spare drum bits and pieces, which I currently store in the front zip pocket of my cymbal bag, which isn't idea and I might be changing it to a nice padded with compartment version anyway.

I'm thinking that something like this:

might be a bit overkill as I don't want it to be yet another bag I would carry around; my current stick bag lives in my stand bag.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Stick Bags

I would never use a stick bag that big... horrendously difficult to place on the drumset in any useable way, and the floor tom has a lot of weight resting against the shell.

My stick bag is a Gibraltar sling-style bag, serves my needs very well. I added a pouch on the shoulder strap to carry a fold-out Allen wrench set and a multi-tool; I can fit a few egg shakers, an assortment of drum keys, and my in-ear headphones in this bag, plus about five pairs of sticks.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:05 PM

My gf just found something very interesting on Amazon...its called StickARK stick holder, by a company called Maxonix. It mounts on top of your bass drum, underneath the tuning screws between the hoop and lugs. It holds 4 sticks up to a 2B. Neat little thing, especially if your into saving space while gigging. Otherwise, I just carry my sticks to and from my gigs in my pedal bag, in the same compartment I carry my UDS for my Axis pedals.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

I have a Reunion Blues leather stick bag that I bought over 20 years ago. It's not the humongously big one, but the standard size stick bag. My one-time investment of $80 really paid off on this item!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 PM

I'm on my 3rd cheapy nylon stickbag in 20 years of playing. The first was a Zildjian (Zipper broke), second was a Pro-mark (bottom of bag seam burst) and now this Vater. Don't have any pics of the Vater, but basically the same idea.

Pro-mark:

IMG_2268 by ASH556, on Flickr
Old 04-15-2014, 06:36 AM

I really like the Vater bag. It has plenty of space for sticks but also has little pockets for ear plugs and drum keys. The only thing I don't really care for is the fact that inside the bag is lined with a microfiber cloth, which often catches the little wood chips on my sticks from the hi hats. Other than that it is a great bag.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:48 AM
Gold Member

Old pic but this is the kind of stick bag placement I like (easy to reach).
I agree with Al that the stick bag the OP posted is too cumbersome and would only use it if I needed all those items for a gig!
Attached Images