DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 03:26 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Online Piracy Finally In the Crosshairs

Three plus years, and 200+ posts and we've have only gone in circles. The conversation has bordered on personal attacks way to often and needs to either get back on topic or it will be closed. There are obviously 2 sides to this story, so state your opinion or move on. Thank you.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:33 AM
Platinum Member

I'm about to agree with Grunter's dad.

Just got this in a PM.

"I've seen your videos. If you knew anything about hard work you would be a better drummer, and would be making better music. As it stands you aren't shit in this field. Sincerely, Todd Bishop"

Hey at least he's sincere!

Just wanted everyone to be aware of why I won't be responding to him anymore. He's not capable of acting like an adult. Such a stand up guy he doesn't stop at personal attacks, he even attacks the subjective arts of others!
Old 08-26-2017, 03:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumming sort of person View Post
Net Neutrality is about making sure that everything flows at the same speed, with no throttling and no way to pay for better performance. My issues with Google are with their business practices and refusal to acknowledge and/or deal with the fact that they are abusing and violating many, many laws around the world.
I think you're mistaken. This is not the generally accepted definition.

Net neutrality - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality
Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet must treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:17 AM
Administrator

And so ends the three year expose on Net Neutrality . I would also caution everyone that the rules of the forum also apply to any PM's sent, in that language and personal attacks will not be tolerated. When it comes to that, we are no longer better than any other web forum, and we think, and wish to be better than others. A word to the wise should be sufficient. Thanks.