DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-30-2014, 11:24 PM

Default Yamaha Hexrack 2 advice needed!

Calling all Yamaha Hexrack 2 owners!I don't know if anyone can relate to this, but I bought the single curved bar and legs a while ago and at first it was difficult to find the formula with the angles of the feet, legs etc to level the spirit level bubble. I thought I'd found the formula with the feet accommodating the curved bar ends, but on recent setups away from my studio, I'm not getting it exactly right, the spirit level bubble is not reading dead centre and the legs aren't straight. Any advice/fool proof ways of hitting it perfect on the setup every time?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Yamaha Hexrack 2 advice needed!

This doesn't answer your question, but I don't put a whole lot of effort into making sure that bubble is dead-center in the glass. If the feet of my rack are firm and the bubble is somewhere near the center, I'm good. It's not like I'm pouring (concrete) a foundation for a house where I need everything perfectly level.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Yamaha Hexrack 2 advice needed!

Sometimes you have to play with the mounting brackets and just get the right angle on them for the plastic inserts that clamp onto. My rack took a while to get set up at first too, and I still have to adjust it for gigs from time to time. But it's worth it.