DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 04-13-2014, 03:51 AM

Default Trick slave pedal height adjustment

I'm trying to figure out how to use the reference markers to set the slave pedal height to match the main pedal.

It's easy enough as long as the the reference arrows are matched before you begin.
Let's say you adjust the main pedal height (d) down so the reference arrow now moves from 5 to 6. Then set your slave pedal (b) also to 6.

Pedals are now even.

Now adjust your main beater back a bit (c), so the arrow now is at 7. Then set the slave beater with (f). Now everything is set, BUT the slave reference arrow still sits at 6.

If you now readjust the main pedal then try and set the slave by the reference markers, for example both set to 7.5, you're going to have uneven pedals even though the reference markers are both set at 7.5

** I think if you remember to set the slave beater assembly (a) each time you adjust the slave beater with (f) the reference markers will read true when you make your pedal adjustments.

Last edited by bud7h4; 04-13-2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: more detailed thread title
Old 04-13-2014, 04:13 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Trick slave pedal height

Are you adjusting the slave beater at the split cam or the beater assembly itself?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
Are you adjusting the slave beater at the split cam or the beater assembly itself?
The beater assembly adjustment is of no use when it's configured as a slave. Since it adjusts on the main pedal, only the pedal height adjustment on the slave serves any purpose. And since the arrows and reference hashes are relative to the beater position, once the beater distances are changed at the main pedal, the slave references will look nothing like the master ones. It's a lot more confusing in text than actually looking at them, lol.

I know Reggae_Mangle has put a lot of time into working with his Dominators, hopefully he'll see the topic and jump in.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Gold Member

Here is your answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3z8emc7Ghs
Old 04-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
After he makes the adjustment to the main beater at 2:08, the reference arrows are now out of sync. It looks to me like any further adjustments to pedal height from this point will be uneven if you try and match the slave arrows to the master.

Edit:

He may have skipped a step in the video. You may need to make "mock" adjustments to the slave beater assembly (even though no beater is in use over there) to mimick or mirror the adjustments made to the master. This should keep the reference arrows matched.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Gold Member

After he made the adjustments to the main, then made adjustments to the slave, he did have to go back and readjust the main again, but they ended up even at the end of the clip.

There are good videos on their website, that is where this one came from. I watched them all as I find the construction of their pedals quite interesting. They were quite informative I thought.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:51 PM

I saw him make the final adjustment to the main beater angle. At that point the left and right reference markers do not indicate the same thing anymore. If he were to make another pedal height adjustment, and set the slave to match the main using the reference markers, the pedals will be uneven even though the markers appear to match.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Gold Member

I don't know then. If I could get my hands on some I would be of more help. Unfortunately I don't have access to any, or the coin to get some. I would kill for their driveshaft. It is on my must have list.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I don't know then. If I could get my hands on some I would be of more help. Unfortunately I don't have access to any, or the coin to get some. I would kill for their driveshaft. It is on my must have list.
I have one I might sell. I had bought it for my speed cobras but I just sold those a week ago.

I'm working on illustrations for this topic, uploading pics shortly.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud7h4 View Post
I have one I might sell. I had bought it for my speed cobras but I just sold those a week ago.
Unfortunately my gear list is on hold right now. Thankfully my driveshaft doesn't have any play in it at this point, but I know eventually it will. Are they really as rock solid as Trick says they are?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately my gear list is on hold right now. Thankfully my driveshaft doesn't have any play in it at this point, but I know eventually it will. Are they really as rock solid as Trick says they are?
Yes it is, definately.

Edit: okay, original post edited and pic added.

Last edited by bud7h4; 04-13-2014 at 10:51 PM.