DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-26-2013, 03:48 AM

Default soft case/ bag for a Rogers Dynasonic?

I just got myself a nice 6.5 x 14 Rogers Dynasonic snare drum from about 1967 by the serial numbers. I took it apart, cleaned it up a bit, and put some new heads on it. I have to say WOW, It sounds great. I have a hard shell case for the drum, but now would like to get a soft case/ bag for the drum, so that it will fit in the trunk of my car easier.

I also have a 5" Dynasonic and when I got a soft case/ bag for the drum I had to go to a 5.5" deep soft case, because of the cage on the bottom of the drum, it is a little deeper. Should I get a 7" deep soft case? What would be the problem with going even deeper on a soft case/ bag, like an 8" deep? What are soft cases/ bags would you recommend for this drum?
Old 12-26-2013, 05:34 AM

Default Re: soft case/ bag for a Rogers Dynasonic?

There is plenty of room in a 5.5 bag for a five inch drum. Same for a 6.5 in a 7 inch case. I have a Verve I put my 6.5 drums into. I bought the verve several years ago, it was about ten bucks on a Woodwind Brasswind close out. It is a nice heavy duty soft case comparable to a H&B Tuxedo. And, they are always carried in a case. Either a soft or soft into a hard. I do not like foam lined hard cases, although I do own two. One of them is a 10x14 case I use for the 8x14 Dyna-Sonic and Superten drums I have, there is still a whole lot of room left in the case with either of those drums in place. The other foam lined case I have is a H&B Econoline fiber case that came with my first wood Dyna-Sonic Big R drum, a 6.5x14. I have experienced no problems with casing a Dyna-Sonic. .

http://www.wix.com/theploughman/theploughmansrogers
Old 12-26-2013, 03:30 PM

Default Re: soft case/ bag for a Rogers Dynasonic?

Thanks for the reply, JohnPloughman.

I have two Drum Seeker (Humes and Berg), the bags themselves work, but the shoulder harness on the two bags broke. One was holding my 5.5 Dynasonic, and it put a dent on the shell under the clockface. I have to now, disassemble that drum and hammer out the dent. The reason the strap broke was because the hook on the bag elongated and the pin at the end of the spring clip came through. It is a poor design that will repeat on all their bags. Since, the snare bag gets the most use, it wore faster. Needless to say, they are off my list of products that I will purchase.

I have some Protection Racket bags, their clips are plastic, but they only make a 14x6.5 and then they go up to a 14x8.

I guess your agreeing that I need the extra 1/2" for the Dynasonic Snare cage? Yeah, I should have asked that in the first post.