DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Default Yamaha DTXPress IV Special V2

Hello fellas, I've just bought a second-hand Yamaha DTXPress IV Special V2. It has been being used for almost 3 years (i don't know how frequent, how hard it has been hit and how many times it has passed into other hands). I have some questions:

1. Kick pad seems to be too loud. Any suggestions on how to mute it without losing the bass drum feel?

2. Cymbal edges seems to lost some of their piezo sensitivity, is it possible or is it just me being doubtful? If so, is it a way to bring back their first-day sensitivity? I've seen an e-cymbal maintenance video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzHCfeJp-o do you thing this can be any of help?

Thank in advance!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPress IV Special V2

Hey redbullah,

Cleaning the edge as shown in that video might help performance, but as the guy J says in your video link that Roland doesn't endorse it so prolly Yamaha doesn't either. Really doesn't matter as long as you are careful cleaning it should be okay since it is out of warranty anyway. I wouldn't take it apart, though. As for sensitivity, you should check the small recessed potentiometer on the under side of the PCY135 labeled "Level". Piezo's will lose output over time and this potentiometer can turn up the juice and restore your edge to "first day" performance. You can get the manual for the pcy135 cymbal pad here:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/