DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-19-2014, 01:29 AM

Default Stick bags (with shoulder straps!)

So I'm going to be studying drums at college starting from September and I'm gonna be carrying around my sticks with me the whole time. I'm looking for a stick bag that will allow me to carry all the sticks I need, and music and anything else I'd carry around with me (phone wallet etc..). The only thing is it needs to have 2 shoulder straps so I can carry it on my back comfortably like a backpack.
I'm looking at the SBAG2 from vic firth but I don't know if that has 2 straps, I've seen pictures with both one strap or two on the Internet.
Any suggestions?
Many thanks.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Stick bags (with shoulder straps!)

I don't know about 2-strapping it, but my Innovative Percussion MB-3 has been going strong for 4 years now with an insane amount of stuff in it.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 AM

Just get a moderate to smaller sized stick bag, then get a regular backpack that can fit the stick bag as well. That will be way more useful. Whatever stick bag you end up going with, don't get one with soft fabric (wool looking) liner on the inside. Dumbest lining I have ever seen on the inside of a bag that will you will end up fighting to cram peeling wooden sticks in.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM

The vic firth is a great bag - I'm on my 2nd one... only one shoulder strap... though there are hooks on both sides so if you had an suitable shoulder strap (from a laptop case or something) you could slap it on and turn it into a backpack of sorts...

holds tons of sticks and other assorted gear (moon gel, drum keys cymbal sleeves etc, etc... ) two good size pockets on the out side and two smaller zippered pockets on the inside...