DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-26-2013, 05:08 AM
Platinum Member

Default New gear....new attitude

I've really needed a new high hat stand for a long time. I've had a very cheap ludwig that I got with the first kit that was given to me. It never worked very well and then got worse to the point of slipping and sticking. Adjustments didn't seem to work. So tonight I was at Guitar Center and they had an Iron Cobra 600 out on the floor. The action was so smooth, I could't resist. Now she's mine :) Probably more of a stand than I needed but, what the heck...I deserve it...lol. Seriously, I can't wait to get it on the kit and try it out. I seem to have lost my motivation and mojo for my drumming lately. Hopefully this will be a little bit of a kick to get me more excited about it again.

I also picked up a nice Road Runner hardware bag with wheels. A much needed improvement over my duffel bag I'm currently using.

And here's a quick update on what else is going on with me: Tomorrow night we play a small private birthday party with the band we've been rehearsing with for several months. It will probably be our first and last gig with these guys...we just don't gel in our styles and approach to music but we did promise to do this one small gig so we'll honor that. However, we've already been speaking to another guitarist who seems to be more the same mindset. The songs we're working on for that and a some new gear may be just what the doctor ordered to get me back into a good place again. We'll see :)
Old 10-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: New gear....new attitude

See? Didn't take long for you to be playing and gigging, eh?
Old 10-26-2013, 05:23 AM
Platinum Member

very small, unpaid gig...lol. But, man, finding bandmates that you gel with is hard, exhausting and frustrating work isn't it?
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
I also picked up a nice Road Runner hardware bag with wheels. A much needed improvement over my duffel bag I'm currently using.
Outside of a roadie, the best investment you will ever make.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
very small, unpaid gig...lol. But, man, finding bandmates that you gel with is hard, exhausting and frustrating work isn't it?
Yes indeed, it is...............
Old 10-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

New gear always feels better. Kind of like how a car seems to run better after detailing.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM

How did it go? I'm interested in hearing more about your gig!

You mention a loss in motivation lately. Me too - am in a bit of a slump but am pushing through. When the days get shorter/after daylight savings ends I often feel less motivated about everything until I get used to it. I see how new gear can be a good motivator - it's the little things that make the difference.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Platinum Member

WTG, Mary. Great choice! I think pro gear is perfect for anyone who is a serious player and isn't going to quit anytime soon. Why play with crap gear if you know you'll be playing for years and years to come?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanneislearningtodrum View Post
How did it go? I'm interested in hearing more about your gig!

You mention a loss in motivation lately. Me too - am in a bit of a slump but am pushing through. When the days get shorter/after daylight savings ends I often feel less motivated about everything until I get used to it. I see how new gear can be a good motivator - it's the little things that make the difference.
Set went okay...could have been better, could have been worse. New gear has helped on the motivation side. Working up some new songs to play with the new guy this weekend. I think more than anything, rehearsing the same old songs for weeks on end had me in the slump. Totally different groove working right now.