DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Default The Neighbours

So far, no probs with the neighbours (that I hear about anyway). Was on guitar when getting back into music... I made the drummers play rubber drums at first, and that is how I came to own an electric kit...

I eventually (progressively) got over my volume-fear issues and let the acoustic drums in.

Since switching back to drums, I have come to love/hate the electric kit. I definitely now know why drummers used to hate it, and so do I when compared to acoustics. ...That's a bit ironic if I say that in a guitar context, but I digress...

I now love my electric kit because I can practice anytime. I do jump on the acoustics here and there (and of course, band practice), but, on a daily basis, I just feel like I am too loud.

And somehow, my rubber drums are so easy to play... maybe the lower volume? The bouncy stick response? I dunno, but I lub my rubber drums!

I don't know why I am posting this. I might be drinking.

p.s I run them through a Roland KC-350 + Yamaha-something subwoofer if anyone cares. I could run through the PA, but I like it isolated.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:31 PM

Default Re: The Neighbours

I like my electric kit as well. In my current living situation I wouldn't be able to ay drums without it. I love my acoustic kit as well, but they are very loud, I don't have a decent way of recording them, they are big, and did I mention they were loud?

Overrall I feel the electric kit is much more versitile than the acoustic since I can make any pad in to any instrument I want, I can play at any hour of the day, and I can tune the kit to play any type of music I want. It just can do more things I need than my acoustic can.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
I like my electric kit as well. In my current living situation I wouldn't be able to ay drums without it. I love my acoustic kit as well, but they are very loud, I don't have a decent way of recording them, they are big, and did I mention they were loud?

Overrall I feel the electric kit is much more versitile than the acoustic since I can make any pad in to any instrument I want, I can play at any hour of the day, and I can tune the kit to play any type of music I want. It just can do more things I need than my acoustic can.
I hear ya. I am having tentative thoughts of committing to electric....
Old 10-26-2013, 07:19 PM

Well that's up to you. I still have my acoustic kit because I can't sell it for much money, so its worth it to me to keep it. It is basically in storage though as I have not really played it in the last 8 years. If you can get some good cash for your acoustic kit then sell it. If you can only get $500 or less then I recommend keeping it as it gives you the option of playing acoustically if you want, or need to.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Silver Member

I love my electronic kit. I can practice anytime and not upset the locals.

Back in the day,before electro kits, I could only practice once a week, at band practice. No wonder there are so many good drummers now, practice is key.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Gold Member

You should switch from rubber to mesh heads if you want to jam at 3 in the morning (not that I'm condoning such a thing) : )