DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 AM
FineVisionz FineVisionz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Default My new set!

Hello,
This is my brand new PDP maple concept series drum kit. I have been saving up a long time for me to upgrade from my dads old Pearl 5-piece fiberglass kit. This is my first actual kit that I have paid for. I have worked very hard for this kit considering I do not have a job/or can get one due to my age, but I am exited to see your comments about my kit!

I am wondering about what other cymbal/accessories that I should consider looking into. I play hard rock/metal types of music. But I play about anything that has a good beat.

Bands I love.
-BlessTheFall
Bands I like.
-Breaking Benjamin
-Asking Alexandria
-Sleeping with sirens.

And about every other bands that plays this type of music.
Due to the high resolution of the picture,
the picture of my set can be found here.
http://i.imgur.com/zf9tQCm.jpg

I would love to hear your comments about it, and recommendations you have for accessories/cymbals I should look into,
-Jake
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2014, 04:19 AM
Zickos's Avatar
Zickos Zickos is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,047
Default Re: My new set!

[quote=FineVisionz;1227841
I am wondering about what other cymbal/accessories that I should consider looking into. I play hard rock/metal types of music. But I play about anything that has a good beat.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe a china cymbal and/or a cow bell.
__________________
Drums are the best psychiatry
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 AM
lefty2's Avatar
lefty2 lefty2 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: I live in near Wichita, Kansas U.S.A
Posts: 707
Default Re: My new set!

Wow congrats. That looks like a very nice kit, some good cymbals, and a demon drive pedal. Very cool.
__________________
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolutes
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-06-2014, 12:36 PM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,262
Default Re: My new set!

Very nice kit.
-----------------
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
AudioWonderland AudioWonderland is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 449
Default Re: My new set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineVisionz View Post
Hello,
This is my brand new PDP maple concept series drum kit. I have been saving up a long time for me to upgrade from my dads old Pearl 5-piece fiberglass kit. This is my first actual kit that I have paid for. I have worked very hard for this kit considering I do not have a job/or can get one due to my age, but I am exited to see your comments about my kit!

I am wondering about what other cymbal/accessories that I should consider looking into. I play hard rock/metal types of music. But I play about anything that has a good beat.

Bands I love.
-BlessTheFall
Bands I like.
-Breaking Benjamin
-Asking Alexandria
-Sleeping with sirens.

And about every other bands that plays this type of music.
Due to the high resolution of the picture,
the picture of my set can be found here.
http://i.imgur.com/zf9tQCm.jpg

I would love to hear your comments about it, and recommendations you have for accessories/cymbals I should look into,
-Jake
I bought that same kit a few months ago. Same color even. Those are very nice shells and you can get a lot of different sounds out of them depending on your head choices and tuning. I am using clear anbassadors for both reso and batter heads on the toms. PS3's on the bass drum and Evans G1 coated batter / Evans 300 snare side heads on the snare drum.

I am not very familiar with the bands you have listed but Zildjian A series cymbals and the Sabian AA series are able to cover a lot of ground and are easily found in the used market for good prices. If your a big hitter and need more cut and durability you might look the Ziljdian Z series cymbals but I think the A or AA lines will work well for you.

You made an excellent choice. The bang for the back doesn't get much higher on a new kit purchase.

http://members.toast.net/dwyss/pics/CM1.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 PM
FineVisionz FineVisionz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Default Re: My new set!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments every one! They mean a lot to me!

-Jake
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2014, 03:09 PM
jornthedrummer jornthedrummer is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 573
Default Re: My new set!

They look great and you have worked hard for them!
I second getting a china and a cow bell. Or perhaps a side snare.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Boneybeaverbrother's Avatar
Boneybeaverbrother Boneybeaverbrother is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 191
Default Re: My new set!

Word of advice, the next time you save money to buy a kit, I suggest you consider a vintage kit, especially Rogers. They are American made, they sound and look great and they will appreciate in value, as opposed to any newer kit that will only depreciate.
That's a nice kit and I'm sure it sounds good.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM
AudioWonderland AudioWonderland is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 449
Default Re: My new set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneybeaverbrother View Post
Word of advice, the next time you save money to buy a kit, I suggest you consider a vintage kit, especially Rogers. They are American made, they sound and look great and they will appreciate in value, as opposed to any newer kit that will only depreciate.
That's a nice kit and I'm sure it sounds good.
I don't think you are going to find too many 7pc Rodgers kits in that condition or for that price...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-2014, 07:06 PM
firesgt911's Avatar
firesgt911 firesgt911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 115
Default Re: My new set!

Very nice looking kit!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Boneybeaverbrother's Avatar
Boneybeaverbrother Boneybeaverbrother is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 191
Default Re: My new set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioWonderland View Post
I don't think you are going to find too many 7pc Rodgers kits in that condition or for that price...
That's true, it was only a suggestion. I don't like many newer kits, especially the Chinese made ones and the American made kits are way overpriced. That's one reason I only buy vintage drums.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Emmaticus00's Avatar
Emmaticus00 Emmaticus00 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 309
Default Re: My new set!

Hey, another Sleeping with Sirens fan! Do you like Gabe Barham?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry chair View Post
Because I could make that happen...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Basswood's Avatar
Basswood Basswood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 204
Default Re: My new set!

Wise choice my friend. There isn't a better maple set from china within this price range on the market right now imo. Congrats! I think the white color is great.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-06-2014, 11:08 PM
thunderstruck thunderstruck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 333
Default Re: My new set!

Beautiful kit! I hope you are enjoying it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 AM
FineVisionz FineVisionz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Default Re: My new set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneybeaverbrother View Post
That's true, it was only a suggestion. I don't like many newer kits, especially the Chinese made ones and the American made kits are way overpriced. That's one reason I only buy vintage drums.
I also have my dads vintage 40+ year old pearl fiberglass kit. I wanted a kit of my own, and wanted to upgrade. To me this was an upgrade, you may not think that since you sound to like vintage kits over the newer ones. I respect your opinion. If any of you would like to see picture of it, I would be more than happy to take some!

Thanks for all the comments!
-Jake
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-07-2014, 04:21 AM
FineVisionz FineVisionz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Default Re: My new set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaticus00 View Post
Hey, another Sleeping with Sirens fan! Do you like Gabe Barham?
Yeah, that's the drummer for SWS. Correct?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Zickos's Avatar
Zickos Zickos is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,047
Default Re: My new set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineVisionz View Post
I also have my dads vintage 40+ year old pearl fiberglass kit. I wanted a kit of my own, and wanted to upgrade. To me this was an upgrade, you may not think that since you sound to like vintage kits over the newer ones. I respect your opinion. If any of you would like to see picture of it, I would be more than happy to take some!

Thanks for all the comments!
-Jake
Yes, always post pictures.
__________________
Drums are the best psychiatry
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com