DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
tamadrm tamadrm is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,634
Default Recasting famous TV and movie actors

I was thinking the other day,what IF ,the voice of say Darth Vader,wasn't played by James Earl Jones.What if instead it was played by Sir Anthony Hopkins,reprising his Hannibal Lecter voice

"Luke,I ate your father...with some fava beans and a nice Chianti"

How about recasting the hit TV show M.A.S.H. with forum members:

Dr.Watso as Captian Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce

Larryace as Captain "Trapper John"McEntire

Gruntersdad as Col. Sherman Potter

Mary O as Major "Hot Lips" Houlahan

(Future) DW Drummer as Major Frank Burns

Arky as Corporal "Radar" O'Rieley

Myself as Col Flag (If you're not a MASH fan,just do a youtube search)

Disclaimer.I wish no offence to any forum member named in this recast.If I have insulted any of you...in ANY way ,I sincerely apologize,and will do so again if need be.This is for our own entertainment purposes only and is my lame attempt at humor.:)

Steve B

Last edited by tamadrm; 10-22-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:12 PM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,790
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

You're close, but I think

Dr.Watso should be Klinger

Larryace as Hawkeye,

KeepitSimple as B. J. Hunnicutt.

Bo is Radar.

Bermuda is Father Mulcahy, for keeping everyone grounded.

Derek Roddy is Sidney Freedman, he is only in certain episodes, but is very important to the story.

I am Igor Straminsky, a re-occurring character who plays no important role what so ever, yet is always popping up for no particular reason. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:23 PM
MaryO's Avatar
MaryO MaryO is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,904
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post

Disclaimer.I wish no offence to any forum member named in this recast.If I have insulted any of you...in ANY way ,I sincerely apologize,and will do so again if need be.This is for our own entertainment purposes only and is my lame attempt at humor.:)

Steve B
Offended????? I am so flattered! Although, I'm probably a better Nurse Kelly :) I think Bo's MO should be Hot lips :)
__________________
I am deluded enough to think I can bring something to the table - Huey Lewis.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM
tamadrm tamadrm is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,634
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
You're close, but I think

Dr.Watso should be Klinger

Larryace as Hawkeye,

KeepitSimple as B. J. Hunnicutt.

Bo is Radar.

Bermuda is Father Mulcahy, for keeping everyone grounded.

Derek Roddy is Sidney Freedman, he is only in certain episodes, but is very important to the story.

I am Igor Straminsky, a re-occurring character who plays no important role what so ever, yet is always popping up for no particular reason. lol.
Wow,how could I forget Klinger and Father Mulcahy.

There were actually two versions of Klinger;pre and post Radar.

How about BacteriumFendYoke(Duncan) as corporal Max Klinger

Any nomoinations for Major Winchester?

Keep em' coming folks,and this isn't limited to M.A.S.H..

Feel free to recast any movie or TV show,with fifferent actors or forum members.

Steve B
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:47 PM
opentune's Avatar
opentune opentune is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 2,990
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

hmmm, no TV character references I know of, but appearances are striking.
MAD (Henri) always appeared to me to maybe be actor Jeff Goldblum...
Bermuda, somewhat like Kevin Spacey.
__________________
Louis
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:57 PM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,790
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post

How about BacteriumFendYoke(Duncan) as corporal Max Klinger

Any nomoinations for Major Winchester?
Duncan aka BacteriumFendYoke is Major Charles Emerson Winchester III in so many ways.

I can't believe I missed that the first time around.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 AM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,393
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Y'all know Radar was a drummer right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5v44uxEEHs

He plays in another episode, too, but I can't find that one.


EDIT: There also needs to be a Henry Blake and Luther Rizzo (the motor pool guy who never drove).

Last edited by MrInsanePolack; 10-23-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Remembered more characters
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Mad About Drums's Avatar
Mad About Drums Mad About Drums is offline
Pollyanna's Agent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 5,494
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
MAD (Henri) always appeared to me to maybe be actor Jeff Goldblum...
Really? ...strange I don't see any resemblance at all :)

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Keep On Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2013, 02:26 AM
MaryO's Avatar
MaryO MaryO is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,904
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Hmmm, other shows? I'm thinking Bewitched.

STARRING:
.??? As Samantha
Mary0 as Sabrina
Grea as Endora
Larryace and Larryz as the two Darren's
Gruntersdad as Larry Tate
MadAboutDrums as uncle Arthur
Dr. Watso as Dr. Bombay
Andy and Madge as Mr. And Mrs Kravitz.

Someone help me out with Samantha!
__________________
I am deluded enough to think I can bring something to the table - Huey Lewis.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Mad About Drums's Avatar
Mad About Drums Mad About Drums is offline
Pollyanna's Agent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 5,494
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
MadAboutDrums as uncle Arthur
. . .
Attached Images
 
__________________
Keep On Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:01 PM
tamadrm tamadrm is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,634
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
Hmmm, other shows? I'm thinking Bewitched.

STARRING:
.??? As Samantha
Mary0 as Sabrina
Grea as Endora
Larryace and Larryz as the two Darren's
Gruntersdad as Larry Tate
MadAboutDrums as uncle Arthur
Dr. Watso as Dr. Bombay
Andy and Madge as Mr. And Mrs Kravitz.

Someone help me out with Samantha!
I'm thinking that since Bo Eders Mo has been the subject of a few posts here,that she has honorary status as a forum member,so I think she'd make a great Samantha Stevens.

She certainly has the looks.:)

Steve B
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 13,593
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

How about DMC as Winchester? Bernhard really should be Potter. Or Andy. Caddy as that psychologist guy, Dr. Sydney Freedman. Hot Lips...has to be Mo Eder. Watso should be Klinger, because he's so colorful.
__________________
Great art is born out of great pain.

Gomez Addams
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:47 PM
HMNY HMNY is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York, Ex UK
Posts: 773
Default Re: Recasting famous TV and movie actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
Duncan aka BacteriumFendYoke is Major Charles Emerson Winchester III in so many ways.

I can't believe I missed that the first time around.
mm, not sure, I think a certain sticks would fit Major Charles Emerson Winchester III petty well!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com