DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 05-18-2014, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Anybody switch from double to single?

Since January of last year I have been selling/buying/trading gear to finally get 'my' setup.

Sold my old double iron cobras after 8 years of use, got a single pedal, then returned that and got a double of that same new pedal. lol

But don't use it at all, most likely going back to single as I don't play much double anyways due to space, and a loss of passion for it really.

Must admit that if I didn't change things up, I would not have advanced at all in hand technique, creativeness, and especially hi hat technique. Also my bass pedal foot is better too! I was probably half the drummer I am now literary but will never forget the good times!

Overall, it doesn't matter what you use as long as you are happy, and/or its serving its purpose in making music!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat yeti View Post
Since January of last year I have been selling/buying/trading gear to finally get 'my' setup.

Sold my old double iron cobras after 8 years of use, got a single pedal, then returned that and got a double of that same new pedal. lol

But don't use it at all, most likely going back to single as I don't play much double anyways due to space, and a loss of passion for it really.

Must admit that if I didn't change things up, I would not have advanced at all in hand technique, creativeness, and especially hi hat technique. Also my bass pedal foot is better too! I was probably half the drummer I am now literary but will never forget the good times!

Overall, it doesn't matter what you use as long as you are happy, and/or its serving its purpose in making music!
Good morning:
I'm kinda in the exact reversed opposite, opposite, situation- I used a double pedal for years than took off one of my toms to make it 5 piece, removed the double pedal, raised up my seat a few inched higher and lowered my cymbals to point were I could lay on top of them, say around chest height. My playing has never been better until........a few days ago, I fractured my right foot.

Now that I have broken my right foot, I pulled out the double pedal and am starting to use my left foot for bass and have a drop clutch for hi hat!!! I'm kinda looking for a better pedal that has outstanding "slave" left foot bass response. I love my old yellow foot plate Mapex due to its light weight and easy sensitivity. The Speed cobra and DW9000 series proved too heavy for me in the past.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 AM

Hey,

I've recently gotten into a lot of doubles these days, but I used to be a singles man. Using only singles built my right foot technique, I use a weird technique (a heel-to-ball technique) which allows me to do quick doubles with my feet. I've gotten into doubles because there's so much double pedals allow you to do, and it really helps limb independence.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

I lugged around my double pedal for years, never even took the slave out of the case. I just pulled it out and put a single in. I simply don't use it anymore
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 05-24-2014, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspitza View Post
Good morning:
I'm kinda in the exact reversed opposite, opposite, situation- I used a double pedal for years than took off one of my toms to make it 5 piece, removed the double pedal, raised up my seat a few inched higher and lowered my cymbals to point were I could lay on top of them, say around chest height. My playing has never been better until........a few days ago, I fractured my right foot.

Now that I have broken my right foot, I pulled out the double pedal and am starting to use my left foot for bass and have a drop clutch for hi hat!!! I'm kinda looking for a better pedal that has outstanding "slave" left foot bass response. I love my old yellow foot plate Mapex due to its light weight and easy sensitivity. The Speed cobra and DW9000 series proved too heavy for me in the past.
Unfortunate news...But yay mapex! I love those pedals, just got a p950 (last models made had a black plate :(, miss the yellow) and I swear this must be the one pedal for me. I already have falcon double so depending if I ever get used to that terrible skinny footplate I'll keep it or sell it.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 AM

Yes, but I added a second bass drum.