DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Technique

Drum Technique Tips - Tricks - Practice - Rudiments - Educational DVDs & Books.....

Old 08-15-2013, 05:29 PM

Default Lots of Great Advice

Hi, I just joined the forum a couple weeks ago. Just wanted to say how much great advice is on these forums for drummers old and new.

I have been drumming for 25 years. Drumming can be a lot more than the drums themselves. It becomes about the psychology and mental state of mind, and how to approach certain things.

Just want to say, its really impressive that I keep hearing experienced drummers touch on these things. If you want to learn your rudiments and chops well, there is no other way than put in your time, I once heard. If it was that easy, everybody would be doing it.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:45 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Lots of Great Advice

Totally agree. I joined this forum on a lark. I had no idea it would end up being such a big part of my life. But it is. An outlet like this, for me, is unprecedented. I love this place.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome. It's the collective views, opinions, insights and experiences that are shared here that make the forum what it is. You are now part of those collective insights. Hop on in and enjoy.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome. I read and learn something every day on DW, and enjoy the interesting and often funny exchanges on here.

Member - Jim Gordon Fan Club
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

I have made some really fantastic friends on here and figuratively rubbed shoulders with pros and heroes. Admittedly, it's hard to keep that friendly face on after the umptie-umpth question about heads, endorsements, or double bass pedals... but I think the sharing and camaraderie that occurs here on a daily basis more than compensates.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

This forum has been an unbelievable source of support and information for me. As a newbie (2.5 years and counting), older (46 and counting), female drummer, I've gotten more support here than from anyone I've met in person. Respectful criticism, great advice, patience, patience, patience, and always a laugh or two to take away the stress of trying to learn this complex instrument. I can truly say that if not for people like Uncle Larry, Harry Conway, Keep It Simple, Henri, Anon, and so many others I probably would have given up long ago.

Of course, now that they've been so nice to me, they're stuck with me. I'm sure a few are re-thinking their initial kindness...lol.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 AM

+1! this forum is excellent.

Besides active moderators which must be reason #1, I guess it's also because drumming is not a competitive sport. I was on a mountainbike forum a few years ago, they used to have threads like your highest recorded speed ever, and when it got to a hugely credible 90 mph or so, I thought I had had my dose of arrogant pricks all trying to look smarter than the others. Rumor has it photography forums are even worse :)

How did drummers get clever in the previous century? Did they actually go out and meet other drummers?? :D
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 PM

I actually met a forum member that is actually taking lessons from the same teacher I am. And we finally met at the drumshop. How crazy is that!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 AM

Hi John!
I've just joined as well. For the last few months, every time I've searched online for answers to my drum questions I've been referred here. It's great to hear that will all of your experience you're finding lots of good advice here too.
:) Leanne
Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 AM

This place is a treasure trove of knowledge, for sure. I have to hold myself back from making too many threads about certain things. The search feature is great, though. Many things I'm interested in have already been covered many times over.