DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 08-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Default New Roland SPD-SX?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any plans to replace the SPD-SX any time soon.

The SX came out in 2011, and while I'm now relly starting to want one, I'd hate to dop 500+, only for the SX2 to come out next week or something. How much longer is the SX likely to last as the flagship model?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Default Re: New Roland SPD-SX?

I didn't know there were concrete plans (let alone a releasedate) for a follow up model? Do you have any more info on that? In any case, the SPD SX is the industry standard at this point and, an owner myself, it is a great machine. I completely understand your considerations, though. You wouldn't want to miss out on all kinds of new features for a month's wait.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 PM

I wouldn't think they'd be releasing a new model for at the very least, a few more years. The first SPD S had about a 8-9 year shelf life. The SX has only been around about 2-3 years.

Im still hoping for an update that will include the ability to have velocity triggered waves between the main and sub waves. Other than that I love my SX.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Gold Member

Awesome machine. It did exactly what I wanted it to do which is play assorted backing parts for my 3 piece band. A little bit of keyboard, horns or rhythm guitar is helpful sometimes and this thing does it all. All you have to do is tell it what to play and hit it at the right time.

If it had remote trigger inputs for more than 4 pads, it would be perfect (for me) because it's much easier to strike a full sized pad (or bar pad?) than the 4" square on the SX