DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 08-16-2013, 02:09 PM

Default I need help making a desion today

I've currently got a nice 13/16/24 in custom shop kit. It's pretty but I'm so over large drums. I feel like it's hard to set up comfortably and it distracts my technique. So a buddy of mine is letting me borrow a pearl forum fusion set. Which are the sizes I want other than the bass drum. I'm rambling a bit but I've always wanted to put coated g2s over coated g1s. I'm afrai that it will either be te exact sound I want or if ill have to go back and by clears for my resos. Also anyone try coated g2s over coated g2s. My guess with the 2ply over two would be either very warm, low and dark or too choked or too floppy. Can anyone help me ? I believe the pearl forum is made out of poplar
Old 08-16-2013, 05:02 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: I need help making a desion today

Only you can decide if you like the tone. Why would you be afraid if it's the exact sound you want? If you had any drummer friends like me, who lived close by, and who has a stack of used heads a few feet high, you could borrow some coated single ply heads to experiment. I would try and borrow the heads for testing purposes if possible. While you're at it, borrow a coated 2 ply head. Experiment and decide.

Gomez Addams