DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Old 07-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Gold Member

Default It's been a while, but I am still alive!

Hello again to those of you who remember me... It's been some time since I've been around, but things are good!

Drum-wise, I'm still playing on my home-built kit (12, 14, 18, 14) that I built back in '09, and it's still holding up great! Playing on a lovely set of Bosphori, with some 13" K Hats and a beautiful 21ish inch K Constantinope Sizzle. As for gigs, I'm keeping up a regular Thursday night jazz night, and have really been focusing on my jazz chops. Last summer I went out to Denver to record an album (http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...try/a/Tapestry), titled "Hangtime" with a bunch of other young musicians aged between 17 and 28. It's a CD of all original compositions by members of the group facilitated by Paul Romaine and the Colorado Conservatory for the Jazz Arts. I also went back to Denver just a few weeks ago to play in the City Park Jazz series as a sort of CD release show for Hangtime.

In the rest of my life, about 4 months ago I started work at Build.com (the US's largest online-only home improvement retailer), here in my hometown of Chico, doing sales (extension 8-9835 ;) and am doing fairly well. Life is moving pretty fast, so I'm trying to stop and look around every once in a while for fear of missing it.

I hope I can hang out around here more now that things are settling in, though I do remain pretty busy. Hope to get to know all the new folks and get back in touch with some of the oldies as well!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: It's been a while, but I am still alive!

Welcome back!