TD-20 & Rockband

TheDrumster

Hello -

I have a Roland TD-20, not expanded, and Rockband 1. I would like to use the kit to learn songs for my band. Are people doing this? If so, is it helpful? And now for the big question...can someone tell me specifically (so even an idiot like me can figure it out) how to set it up and what I would need?

Btw...I have a PS3....

Thanks!

I have an Xbox360/ TD-10 combo and for me it was basically plug and play (using a MIDI cable from the MIDI out on my module to the MIDI in of the Xbox drum kit controller).
Didn't have to assign note numbers or anything- the pads naturally assigned themselves to their correct drums (ie the my snare became the red pad, cymbals were the yellow and orange etc).
Hopefully should be the same for you with a TD-20 and PS3!

I have an Xbox360/ TD-10 combo and for me it was basically plug and play (using a MIDI cable from the MIDI out on my module to the MIDI in of the Xbox drum kit controller).
Didn't have to assign note numbers or anything- the pads naturally assigned themselves to their correct drums (ie the my snare became the red pad, cymbals were the yellow and orange etc).
Hopefully should be the same for you with a TD-20 and PS3!

Do you feel it is beneficial to your drumming? Is the drumming in the songs accurate and is playing a good way to learn the songs without transcribing?

Back