DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Gold Member

Default Experience with Felt Beaters

Hey drummers, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Pearl Demon Drive Control Core beaters (or any other particularly nice round felt beater).

I've been surviving on the hard felt Quad beater that comes with the Eliminator, and I can get a good sound with it, but when I need more boom than whack it doesn't cut it. I googled some options but quickly realized that I can't feel a beater through the interwebs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 AM
audiotech

Default Re: Experience with Felt Beaters

I use either a felt beater or a "powder puff" type beater. When I'm using the felt it's either a Tama DS30 dual sided or Tama CB90F, usually the CB90F. It's the beater that comes with their Iron Cobra line of pedals.

Dennis
Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Experience with Felt Beaters

Yeah, I use the DD beaters. For the "boomy" sound you're after I think the old style white felt beaters will probably offer an even better alternative.

Whilst the DD beaters are certainly a hell of a lot lighter than the quad beaters and will get you closer to the sound you're chasing, they still offer a relatively focused attack.....probably due to the design of the core and the fact that hey are also smaller and a little harder than the old style felt beaters. You'll certainly notice a diff. between them and the quads, but I reckon the others might just give you a little more of that boom, again.

And of course, don't neglect to play around with the tuning either. That'll certainly help too.

Last edited by Pocket-full-of-gold; 06-06-2013 at 04:03 AM.