DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM

Default Intro

Good Day DW. I've been coming here quite often for info, recommendations, and the like, so I figured I might as well sign up.

A little about me. I've been having my kit for about 2 years but only really started playing in the last few months. I got burnt out trying to learn different techniques in the beginning, and it just wasn't fun, so I got away from drumming and they sat. Then I heard some advice that changed things for me. A coworker of mine told me to try to learn a simple song, to not worry about perfecting techniques right away. So I tried that, learned a couple simpler songs and its been so much fun. Now the techniques and limb independence are becoming so much easier to grasp and it's nice to alternate between learning a song for a little while, and and then learning a technique for a while. I guess it's a confidence thing.

I have a Tama Inperialstar 5pc kit that came with hardware and Meinl HCS cymbals. I changed all of the heads last week after finding advice on here and the drums sound ten times better, especially the kick! The cymbals still sound like poo, but I will be looking to upgrade those down the line. They are good enough to continue to learn on for now.

Looking forward to learning more from you guys. Looks like a welcoming place.

P.S. I'm also a member of a couple of automotive forums, hence the name GasolineJunkie. I don't actually sniff the stuff. :-)
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Intro

Welcome to the nut house. You will learn a ton here and don't be afraid top post.

I would try to play as much for fun as you do play technique and rudiments. A healthy mix will make for a happy boy. Good luck
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Intro

Thanks for the welcome, GRUNTERSDAD.

Yea, I wish I would've mixed it up more in the beginning. I'd be alot further along than I am now. But oh well. Ain't go no time to be worrying about that.