DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM

Default Xenyx 802 and Drum metronome + track help!!

Hey guys, long time lurker here.

NOTE: We play using keyboards sequences.

I justgot this Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer to mix my little band, but my main issue is the drums + metronome and I'll tell you why exactly.

I use to have a Behringer micro amp so the drummer can listen to the metronome AND the keyboard sequence thru his headphones, and the keyboard goes out to the Power Amp so everybody can listen to it, not the metronome (It's only for him).

I need to achieve this with the Xenyx too, what I've done so far is to have the Metronome running thru the headphones and the Keyboards going out.

Now, you would think this should be enough, SO DO I, but my drummer has told me he needs to have both on his headphones so he keeps track of everything (He still can listen to my guitar or the bass I think)

I FORGOT TO MENTION, with the headphone amp, only the metronome and keyboard sequence were plugged, now I guess we can try something like plugging the guitar and add more support so the drummer be fine only listening to the click track.

So, what should I do to achieve this (Metronome+Sequence in headphones) but only Keyboard to mix?

What I have so far:

3.5 female to RCA left and right male.
Audio of the songs, Click track on panneled left, Keyboard sequences panneled right.
1/4 cables
RCA female splitter to 2 RCA male outputs.
Headphones.
RCA to 1/4 plug

I can get more stuff and adapters, but I have I'm clear enough and you can help me, as I said, I can get to listen the metronome on headphones, but the drummer wants the keyboard sequences too!!, suggest way arounds too!!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:23 AM
audiotech

Default Re: Xenyx 802 and Drum metronome + track help!!

I'm at a lose here. The little 802 has only two XLR microphone inputs and two stereo pairs of 1/4" inputs. You're mixing your entire band through this? Is this the only mixer you and your band has? Is this your main mixing console? Are you using all the inputs on the 802? I'm just trying to get the entire gist of the situation before I can recommend anything.

Dennis
Old 05-26-2013, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Xenyx 802 and Drum metronome + track help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
I'm at a lose here. The little 802 has only two XLR microphone inputs and two stereo pairs of 1/4" inputs. You're mixing your entire band through this? Is this the only mixer you and your band has? Is this your main mixing console? Are you using all the inputs on the 802? I'm just trying to get the entire gist of the situation before I can recommend anything.

Dennis
Hi, well, I just got the xenyx so I haven't used it on live situations, my main issue will be only (at this point) to use it to resolve this click track issue.

I have a Behringer headphone amp which do the work fine (I had to use a few splitters so the P.A. only received the Panneled Sequence but my drummer could listen to the Sequence and Click Track on his headphones.

And that's what I want to do with the Xenyx, but I haven't figure that out yet.

The purpose of getting a bigger mixer was to have a better alternative of the headphone amp, and yeah, maybe we use it as a band mixer (meaning that we could equalize ourselves only for us, and if the venue is big, a bigger console will get the sound for the crowd)

So, maybe I could plug the Headphone amp into the mixer or something? I thinnk that's innecesary though, maybe some splitter will get the job done? (My click tracks are panneled between click and sequence track)

Thanks.