DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 PM

Default Replacement Spurs

Just picked up a used Tama Swingstar kit that needs a little TLC to get back to playing condition. It basically just needs a good cleaning, a few nuts and bolts and spurs to get back in order (well, heads too, but the Evans G1's on it now still have some decent life left). The nuts and bolts I'm going to order from Tama, but the spurs are on backorder till June. Anybody know of any decent spurs that'll work with my kit? The Tama catalog says they are 12mm in diameter and 346mm long.

I've looked around a bit online, but can't really find much. I may just have some made if I can.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Replacement Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajafofo View Post
Just picked up a used Tama Swingstar kit that needs a little TLC to get back to playing condition. It basically just needs a good cleaning, a few nuts and bolts and spurs to get back in order (well, heads too, but the Evans G1's on it now still have some decent life left). The nuts and bolts I'm going to order from Tama, but the spurs are on backorder till June. Anybody know of any decent spurs that'll work with my kit? The Tama catalog says they are 12mm in diameter and 346mm long.

I've looked around a bit online, but can't really find much. I may just have some made if I can.
So you just need the legs and not the whole thing? I would try www.drumfactorydirect.com, or search eBay. I'd re-drill and install new spurs, like those Pearl heavy ones.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Replacement Spurs

Yeah, just the leg. These look like they might work. I emailed them to see the dimensions. Thanks!!

http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/ind...oducts_id=4893