DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM

Default Cleaning Roland V Drums & Cymbals

Hi, I have noticed several questions across a variety of forums asking about the cleaning of the rubber drum pads and the cymbals on Roland V drums, and as I have owned Roland V drums for a long time, I thought I would post my advice, hope it helps.
There has been a product available for some time called 303 Aerospace protectorant, this can be found on Amazon.com and will cost you in the area of 16 uk sterling or $25 us.
But, and here is the thing, I have been using Auto Glym Vinyl & Rubber Care, this is available widely and comes in a 500ml trigger spray. I pay 7.99 uk for this and you can find it most auto factor suppliers, including Halfords.
Lightly spray onto a soft cloth and gently wipe in a circular motion, folding the cloth regularly to avoid re applying any dirt removed. You can leave to dry for approx 5 to 10 minutes and then polish with another soft clean cloth.
This product can be used on your Roland rubber pads and the Roland cymbals.
In my opinion, my drums and cymbals look as new after cleaning, this Auto Glym product also leaves quite a nice smell in the room after use.
My main reason for bringing this to your attention is mostly because of the costs involved, the Auto Glym product is at least half the price of the 303 and yet does the same job equally as well.
All the best.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Cleaning Roland V Drums & Cymbals

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to get some this weekend for my TD-11K pads/cymbals. In Canada, it is stocked exclusively at Canadian Tire for $12.99. Customer reviews on the CT website all give it 5 stars!!.

Gradier
Old 03-31-2013, 02:37 AM

Just used the Auto Glym Vinyl & Rubber Care on my rubber pads and cymbals: amazing stuff! The kit looks brand-new, and I hardly had to use any product on the cloth. I see it is used by the Queen and Prince Charles--wonder if it's for the fleet of Bentleys or the TD-30KV v-pro series? Thanks again for the posting.

Gradier
Old 03-31-2013, 05:48 PM

I use Armorall cleaning wipes on my yamaha rubber pads and cymbals, and it works well for me.