DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM

Default Rack Compatibility

So after a lot of research, I/m hoping for some additional help. I'm currently using a basic Pearl curved icon rack (just the front) and am looking to add one side to support a 14" tom and 1 boom for my ride. Pearl doesn't seem to offer wings alone, but Gibraltar does. I'm wondering if a Gibraltar Curved wing rack extension will work? I know it will connect to the 1.5" circular leg bar, but will I need another leg or will it be stable enough? I'm trying to minimize my footprint without another leg if possible. Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Rack Compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWhaler View Post
So after a lot of research, I/m hoping for some additional help. I'm currently using a basic Pearl curved icon rack (just the front) and am looking to add one side to support a 14" tom and 1 boom for my ride. Pearl doesn't seem to offer wings alone, but Gibraltar does. I'm wondering if a Gibraltar Curved wing rack extension will work? I know it will connect to the 1.5" circular leg bar, but will I need another leg or will it be stable enough? I'm trying to minimize my footprint without another leg if possible. Thanks
It will attach just fine (the vertical pipe on the Pearl rack is the same as the Gibraltar pipes), but if it hangs too far away from the front rack it might pull it over. You could try it and see how stable it is, and if need be order a Gibraltar leg+foot assembly to brace it up.

When I used a rack, I had about a 3 foot section of curved Gibraltar pipe hanging as a wing off of the left side of my Pearl rack, but I only had a crash and a couple of splashes hanging off of it.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Administrator

You can buy one side at Musicians Friend.com

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...ion-bar-curved
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 AM

I know that they are compatible and I can buy the Pearl extension, but I'm trying for a smaller footprint.