DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 AM

Default Hard case

Hello all, I hope there are not other threads covering this already but Im new here, if there is a link would be nice.
Ive recently started playing with other humans, and the need to transport my kit and hardware has become an issue. I have a PDP rack that holds everything except my ride and highhat, and I cannot find a case that looks like it would work for all my gear. the shells Ive got covered, but the rack is 48 inches long and the only cases Ive found are a couple of SKB(?) cases. One is kinda cool, sort of dogbone shaped but it is only 8.5 inches deep. I need it to be deeper. Or wider. The less I have to disassemble the better. The perfect case would be 30 inches wide 50 inches long and 10 inches deep. This would allow me to leave the legs assembled, shortening my set up time. I am new at the whole transporting thing, what do you think oh wise and well traveled ones?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hard case

I'm assuming you have a large truck to transport said large trap case? For occasional traveling, I've seen guys with racks just fold them together and put 'em in the truck. I actually did that when I had Roland V-Drum kit, but that was in a dark part I don't talk about. The rack is hardware, and it should be able to take traveling like that providing it doesn't get crushed by something else.

If you really want to case it up, there isn't really anything ready-made. And usually touring acts have cases custom made for stuff.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 AM

No truck, just an suv. One of the things I like about the idea of the big flat case would be the ability to stack shells on top, to help pack in tight. We all know its better when its tight.
Although that would be yet another reason to buy a truck.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM

Did you see the Gibraltar rack bag?

http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa...sid=142&cid=36