DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 AM

Default Looking at Gibraltar for first Double Pedal

I'm about to purchase my first set of Double Kickers in the next day or so. I have been looking at both the Gibraltar 5611 and 6611 Pedals. I have the Gibraltar 6607 Hi Hat stand and have been really impressed with it so far. As this is my first set of Double Kickers i don't need to be able to play ridiculously fast on them i just need them to be reliable. I have tried out a set of the 5611's in the music store and i liked them. What do you guys think about these pedals? Will they last me a while or fall to pieces on me. I know the Hi Hat stand is nice and tough.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Looking at Gibraltar for first Double Pedal

I have the 6611 Avenger II and quite like them. Very light feel. You can probably find a used one for pretty cheap. I got mine used for $100. It's not a flashy name for pedals at all, but it seems to be good quality, well built and plays well.

Only thing with my Avenger 2, the beaters are really light. I use them on an electronic kit so it doesn't matter so much, but I like a little more weight using them on acoustic bass drums. The newer ones seem to have a little larger beater now, mine just has a single sided pad.

I also have a Pearl Eliminator dbl pedal and like it a lot on my acoustic drums. It wouldn't bother me to use either pedal for a gig. I'm not a speed metal drummer though so maybe that makes a difference. They both feel good to me, and one isn't better than the other for my playing.

Of course, you need to go try them for yourself. Buy the ones that you like best.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Looking at Gibraltar for first Double Pedal

I ended up getting a set of Pearl p902's, i liked the feel of them more and they seem slightly better quality.