DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 PM

Default Looking for case/transport advice for a Roland TD-15 kit

I picked up a TD-15 KV kit back in October, and up until this point it's just been a practice kit (which I love, by the way). Now, though, one of the groups I sit in with occasionally has asked me to start using it for gigs, because we've built a couple songs around some custom sets and sound fx from the Roland. I looked around a bit trying to find cases, bags, etc., but haven't found anything that seems to be a consensus choice for transporting vdrums. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm considering just picking up a larger Pelican or SKB rolling case and cutting custom foam inserts for the pads and brain (I'm not as worried about the rack), but before I get into all of that I thought I'd check here and see if anyone else with more experience has a better suggestion.

Any input is welcome! Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Looking for case/transport advice for a Roland TD-15 kit

I spent $100 and built a case that would house my whole kit, then I realized it was heavier than the kit itself. Dumb.

I then went to Walmart and picked up a couple of Sterilite crates for maybe 30 bucks each and a foam mattress pad to make packing. It works great for everything but the racking.

I built the rackingso it easily reassembles into an easily transportable piece. It would need a large soft case if I were to do more than just throw it in my vehicle and drive to gigs.