DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Default Kick drum beater & pad combo's

What do you use? I am presently using Tama Old School 2 way beaters which are about half the weight of DW's. just ordered the new Flyweight beaters from DW for testing. I use hard side exclusively contacting a click pad creation outlined below.

The above photo is the creation using the items listed below

Remove the internal click pad hard material from the black sticker cover and adhesive section:

Cover the beater contact side of exposed hard click pad material with Evans black patch. Trim material accordingly:

Use Uglu adhesive tape to attach to drumhead, this stuff is amazing for ultra strong adhesive and complete removal as needed!

Last edited by huskytool; 01-01-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Kick drum beater & pad combo's

That's a really neat idea. I use an Aquarian patch with take rubber iron cobra beaters on my kit, on the kit I take care of at school I use pearl quad beaters (plastic side) and 2 quarters duck taped to the head. Lots of attack and still a lot of boom!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM

I use the above mentioned Evans kick patch and round felt beaters for the most part.
Also use a wooden beater for a bit more attack and volume, it's fairly heavy in comparison.

Round beaters have infinite sides to use. :P
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 PM

I made one of those clickpads, and Im gonna say that I am VERY impressed. How did you come up with this idea, Huskytool? Very ingenious, and it sounds great! Better than the metal click I got from using the double metal kick pad from Danmar. Oh, and I am using DW square plastic beaters on it, along with a PS3 coated head.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastbeatkeeper View Post
I made one of those clickpads, and Im gonna say that I am VERY impressed. How did you come up with this idea, Huskytool? Very ingenious, and it sounds great! Better than the metal click I got from using the double metal kick pad from Danmar. Oh, and I am using DW square plastic beaters on it, along with a PS3 coated head.
Thanks man. It came together from recording trial & error over the years. I filed a patent on the design awhile back (which is kind of a dirty word around here) but as you can see from the share, I don't care to make money. I actually wish someone would scoop up the concept and produce these commercially.