DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Cymbals

Cymbals Discuss Cymbals

Old 08-19-2012, 08:11 AM

Default Dream Energy cymbals?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these guys, im a rock player, im not a basher, but im not exactly a light touch kind of player.

however i know these cymbals are heavier of the the series of dreams, but i havent read many reviews on them. also... they are an amazing price! so if someone could help me out... thatd be great!

thank you
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Dream Energy cymbals?

i recently got a pair of contact hi hats, and i tried out a lot of energy cymbals while i was at the store. While i dont quite remember the qualities of the energy series, i do remember liking the contact/bliss series cymbals better.

BUT its all personal taste, when i go look for cymbals i dont think about where that cymbal is from, i just judge it on whether i like it or not.

And every dream cymbal is unique, if you go and try out every dream you can, youll find one you like.

and yes, the prices are great. i love dream.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 PM

That sounds good! But since i play harder rock, would the contact series be too thin?

i do hit quite hard, and im not sure if the contacts would hold up to that. any other suggestions?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:11 PM

hey so i just bought a set of 14" dream energy hats and i frickn love them

they are very loud and high pitch like most aggressive cymbals but still incredibly musical absolutely worth every penny dream could have sold their cymbals for allot more

i have yet to try them in a practice situation with my band and ill know how they sound on stage in mid October so ill keep u posted

also i wanted to know everyones opinion on me just ordering more cymbals by them w/o hearing it makes me nervous lol i also think my local drum shop might work with me on ordering a cymbal and if i dont want it theyll just keep it in their stock to sell i dont know
Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member

I've heard a few Dream cymbals (and some from Stagg) and they are pretty cool cymbals.
Each one sounded very different from the other, so I WOULD NOT buy or order one unheard.
It's up to you, but I would never take the chance.

In med-loud situations, I think the bit of "trash" sound would blend in with the music, but in quieter settings, you'd be able to hear it.

If there were a bunch to go through I'm sure I'd find one I'd like to buy and use.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member

I don't see them real often around here. But last time I was looking at cymbals, I came across a Dream Bliss cymbal I really liked the sound of. Not sure exactly which one I tried, - I'd have to go back again to check, but I think it was this one:
http://www.dreamcymbals.com/bliss-20q-ride
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 PM

I use Energy 20" ride, 16" thin crash & 18" crash and they're amazing, they cut really well and the crashes are musical and smooth, while still having very quick attack. The ride has a lot of dark undertones though, so I would recommend something drier, but its a great crash so for smaller setups it's a very respectable crash ride
Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM

here i am playin 13" energy cymbals no mic no eq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYlD...feature=relmfu
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM

I have the Energy 14" hats and I love them!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM

Default Dream Energy Series

Hey all, I've been trying to compare the Dream Energy line of cymbals to models from other brands. Or are they that unique that there are no equivalents in other brands?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Dream Energy Series

In my experience all Dream cymbals vary from cymbal to cymbal, even within a series.
I'm not aware of any direct comparisons but Dream Energy sound a little like Sabian AA or even Zildjian A to my ears, but again every Dream pie differs.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Gold Member

I have to agree. I've owned three different rides (two Bliss and one Energy) and they're not the kind of cymbals you can draw easy parallels to other brands or specific lines very well.

The Energy crash-ride I had sounded (if I really had to pin it down) somewhat like a thin Sabian HHX- type of sound. A slight bit of trash, clear stick sound, and still pretty washy.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchLine17 View Post
Hey all, I've been trying to compare the Dream Energy line of cymbals to models from other brands. Or are they that unique that there are no equivalents in other brands?
id say there really are no other equivalents. maybe an individual cymbal could be compared, but not an entire line.

the best thing to do if your interested in getting some dreams is go out and test em out yourself! i love my dreams, and wouldnt trade em for anything