DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 PM

Default Hesitation Buying Used Set

So my deal I had to buy a used DTX530 set fell through (somebody beat me to it). Now I'm back looking again.

I now have a chance to buy a used DTXtreme IIs set for $1000. He's including a DW5000 double pedal, throne and extra cymbal with mount.

What problems should I look for in buying a DTXtreme IIs set used? Do they "stand the test of time"? I realize it's electric and there are no moving parts, but it kind of scares me buying something older for this much money. Are the modules prone to problems with time? I'd really hate for this thing to blow up on me after spending that much money!

From the pictures I've seen, everything looks very well maintained. They almost look brand new! I can't go see them in person because the guy is like 5 or 6 hours away! But for that price it seems like it's worth driving that far for.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Hesitation Buying Used Set

All my gear (mostly Roland) was purchased used and I haven't hand any failures.

In my experience, the stuff is pretty rugged.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Hesitation Buying Used Set

With my DTxreme IIS, the inputs all need periodic cleaning with a Q-Tip with Isopropyl Rubbing alcohol. Sometimes the screws on the underside of the the cymbal pads can loosen off slightly I've heard, but that's about it.

I'd just look to see that it looks to be in decent shape, just like anything, that it wasn't beat to hell. You don't pound electronic sets like you do on the acoustics.
I really enjoy my Dtxtreme II. I bought mine used in the spring for about 1100 so your price looks about right.