Guitar Center nightmare part 2

toymachinesb7

Hey guys first time posting but I've spent plenty of hours reading on here during slow mornings at work. Thought I would finally make an account to share this story. I remember reading about another member's GC tale on his used pearl and felt I needed to post this as another warning that this happened to me as well.

After much debating I finally pulled the trigger on a used Pork Pie 3 piece kit. Blue sparkle wrap and white powder coated hardware I was extremely excited to start playing this bad boy. Called the store and it was described as excellent condition which sounded good to me coming from GC and not "frank down by the old walmart". Well a week later UPS shows up with my new gear and got the biggest buzz kill ever. As soon as I pulled it out of the packaging I could easily see this kit was not "excellent condition". Maybe my scale is off from other people but I have a low end kit that I have played numerous shows, toured with, took to out of state recordings and it is no where near this bad. I just wont accept paying for a kit that looks like crap. Not only that but when I pulled the kick drum out the wood hoop was COMPLETELY snapped in half. Well I called them up and just told me to take it to my local store (2 hours away) and I would receive a full refund. I'm thankful not to be stuck with this thing but still bums me out it turned out like this.

Once again be careful when you buy used gear. The picture on the site looked fine but I'm sure they purposely hide major cosmetic damage from sight.

photo1-1.jpg

Not nearly as bad as the other guy. Just a hoop, the point remains the same though, they should tell of errors. If there was an issue like that and they were honest about it then I wouldn't have an issue with it. It's the fact of false hood in my opinion. If I buy used from GC I email the store about issues. That way I have written evidence of the condition told to me.

They seemed like that had no problems with giving me a refund and as a customer I am happy I didn't run into any more issues. There were more scrapes / scratches on the shells I just didn't upload those. Very true it was not near as bad as the other gentleman but I was just bummed they still has it listed as "excellent".

I've seen baby bunnies that were more scary than this nightmare.

Yeah I get that. Some "experts" (haha) there aren't the best. I love Pearl ELX and EXR's and they just completely messed up three kits I looked into. They tried telling me this ELX kit had a wrapped finished (when all ELX's are lacquer) and it was in like new shape. Had scratches everywhere, chips in lug paint (black lugs) and was a lacquer finish, shocker. They even got the finish wrong. I see this on their site with countless kits regardless of brand or series. You rarely find a worker who knows what they're really saying. It's sad to say but you could make a best of GC thread just like the craiglist one and it'd be equally as funny.

Maybe the damaged occurred after the kit was inspected by the GC employee that you talked with, such as in packaging or shipment.

Dennis

How shabby; don't they know that a person who get's a great deal will tell only a few, like freinds etc.; but someone who feels cheated will tell everybody including the guy at the corner 7/11 or complete strangers on a bus. They survive because they are so large but they operate on a tight margin so there is always the chance that posts like this as they add up can have a detrimental effect. I'm curious; did you have to pay for the delivery?

Well I called them up and just told me to take it to my local store (2 hours away) and I would receive a full refund.

Nuts to that. Tell them that they send a return shipping label, or you'll just dispute the entire charge with your credit card company.

Back