Really bad cover band names?

MrPockets

Gold Member
I was in a band meeting where we were discussing names.

The Bassist recommended Butt Sweat and Tears....

Any bad one you have come across?

local band called "Dirty Headlights"

Years ago somone changed the letters on the sign out front of a club and it read
" Open Fart". we laughed so hard we almost crashed. it was actually some open dart playoff or something not a band.

I was in a band that one of the guys wanted to call it "Jalopy". In fact he gave that name to the first place we gigged at. He was punished severely.

There is a local band that goes by Richard cranium.

Sneaky, very sneaky.

There was a high school band called Flaming Homos.

I did a little Jazz performance and someone suggested, Prisoners of Jazzcaban and Dolphin Cruise Ship. I suggested Seahorses Forever and that became our name

Last edited:
There's a band here in Omaha call The Shitiots. Actually a great bunch of guys. Here's a list of local cover band names. You can decide for yourself which ones are bad and which are not.

The Fools
Soundbite
Charm School Dropouts (my band)
HiFi Hangover
Cheshire Grin
Step Child
Grand Theft Girlfriend
Mushroom Bruise
The Labels
High Heel (and the Sneakers)
Avoricious
Toy Boxx
Hidden Agenda
Lemon Fresh Day
Alter Ego
Mr. Hand

Sneaky, very sneaky.

There was a high school band called Flaming Homos.

I did a little Jazz performance and someone suggested, Prisoners of Jazzcaban and Dolphin Cruise Ship. I suggested Seahorses Forever and that became our name

Quite sneaky indeed, quite the opposite of flaming homos...

There is a local rock band here called Barnaby Wyld . I thought that was creative

There's a band here in Omaha call The Shitiots. Actually a great bunch of guys. Here's a list of local cover band names. You can decide for yourself which ones are bad and which are not.

The Fools
Soundbite
Charm School Dropouts (my band)
HiFi Hangover
Cheshire Grin
Step Child
Grand Theft Girlfriend
Mushroom Bruise
The Labels
High Heel (and the Sneakers)
Avoricious
Toy Boxx
Hidden Agenda
Lemon Fresh Day
Alter Ego
Mr. Hand

There's another one called The Boring Daylights.

I've always been a fan of 'Areola 51' for a cool band name. :)

I was in a band called 'Phallus In Cellophane" :)

Henri, that's just wrong on so many levels. Why don't you just call yourselves The Leftovers? Haha...jk

My current cover band is called Living Dead, and I'm sure the name is already taken, but we're just playing backyard parties, so no big deal.

My cover band before that was called The Wannabees. And that's all we were...

I was in a band called Zero Limit back in the early 2000's (fishing reference). I went to post some of the music in 2009 and the name was already taken on MySpace, so I called the band Shibby Skanks and the Barneys. It's still there on MySpace.

I had a chance once to audition for a band called Poop. They actually toured and stuff. But I didn't want to be in a band called Poop.

One that I kinda liked that a bandmate came up with onetime:

Pope John Paul & Ringo

The band I'm joining has a name I really don't like but they've had it for 3 years so not much I can do about it.....Lip Gloss!

All girl band you see and the said they were looking for something feminine but not slutty when they came up with it. Personally I think it's a little too feminine but again, I'm the noob so I can't say much. Whatchya gonna do? :)

The band I'm joining has a name I really don't like but they've had it for 3 years so not much I can do about it.....Lip Gloss!

All girl band you see and the said they were looking for something feminine but not slutty when they came up with it. Personally I think it's a little too feminine but again, I'm the noob so I can't say much. Whatchya gonna do? :)

Well, there are a few other feminine products they could have thought of that would be worse than being called Lip Gloss...

One of the bands I'm in just changed it's name from Groove Unit (meh) to Blue Stuka. We're a power trio playing a variety of covers like QOTSA, Foo's, Black Sabbath etc, with some originals. Hence the reference to a German WWII dive bomber.
They rejected the name I put forward though, Boegan Rooter, and I can't imagine why. Could be an Aussie thing.

Yeah, I was devvo'd. I was even willing to change out the double 'o' to a 'u' with an umlaut over it like in motley crue to make it more German looking but they still wouldn't have it. (I thought it fit the bass player to a T). They laughed their butts off and then rejected one of my most inspired moments. There is no accounting for taste, none at all.

Back