Really bad cover band names?

He'd like to name his band "Eddy Current and the Ohm Boys" - you'd never guess that he worked in electronics for the last 30 years.

Although the name has potential, I believe it should be resisted.

Anyhoo...

Jock Strap and The Elastic Band
Sweatband

Although the name has potential, I believe it should be resisted.

ba dum cha!

Fter a recent post

LarryAce and the Brumskis should be a band.

All girl band you see and the said they were looking for something feminine but not slutty when they came up with it. Personally I think it's a little too feminine but again, I'm the noob so I can't say much. Whatchya gonna do? :)

Just a quick question on girl bands: do they have male groupies? or what happens?

There used to be a good local band here called "Ben Dover and Tennessee Tucker"...

I wanted to call our old farts band "Dorian Gray".

How about "Rusty Zipper and the Yellow Socks Band"?

My buddy told me of a band in Cleveland, OH called "Jehovah's Waitresses."

Better still, Jehovah's Witness Protection Program

Sometimes we'll book a gig under an "assumed name". "The Bigtime Breakers" is one... but I'm kinda waiting to use "Clown Rally" for something. :D

Speaking of assumed names, REO Speedwagon's crew many years ago - most of them players themselves - used to go by Hotel Bill & The Incidentals.

Just a quick question on girl bands: do they have male groupies? or what happens?

Absolutely, and female groupies too!

Bermuda

Hello Zombie thread!

We have a group of guys here who change their name every gig. They use names like:

Justine Timberlake
Tailor Swift
Ed Sheerham
Katy Peary
etc:

So if you see a pop star with a misspelled name playing in a dive bar in New England. Good chance its them.

There's one down here by the name of "Rusty Grits". Damned if I know what that means. They're all over 60 and all of them are rocking some form of mullet. They're awesome!

I saw a surf band back in San Diego back in the 90's comprised of 50+ year olds who were quite good. Their moniker? The Dentures.

I always thought BananaRama was a bit strange...

We played support to an all-girl punk covers band a couple of weeks ago. They play stuff by The Clash, Buzzcocks, Ramones, and one particular band they derived their name from.
They call themselves The Sex Pissed Dolls.

Back