umm, is there a way to change your name on this site?

Lunar Satellite Brian

So, yeah, my name used to be just,"Pat Mastelotto" but they changed it to Pat Mastelotto fan, which is fine, I understand why they did that, to avoid confusion. But I mean, that's just lame, so does anyone know if you can change your name here without that big hassle?

They being Bernhard? He never does anything lame!

Your best bet is to email the moderators and request.

Maybe a PM to one of the Mods and a bit of begging may get it changed. Actually using another persons name though would need to be changed.

When I first started posting here, I used my real name and it became a really big hassle. So I asked Bernard and he changed my user ID from Neil Peart to another character. I created this alter persona to keep my anonymity. It seems to be working fine.

Maybe you could start over by abandoning your profile and creating a new one. You wouldn't be the first to do that.

I would change mine but my other choice is already taken.
No, I'm not going to tell what that other choice is!
Maybe I could be bobdadruma-fan. ;)

oh....I know, I know.......Pollyanna??

I know how you feel though. I'm still trying to figure out a way of stealing Deathmetalconga's identity. I want that name!! :)

Still could be worse.....like the guy who called himself ddrumsabianguy, or something like that....and then changed his brands! That one was funny.

Maybe you could start over by abandoning your profile and creating a new one. You wouldn't be the first to do that.

Indeed ;)

I would change mine but my other choice is already taken.
Maybe I could be bobdadruma-fan. ;)

oh....I know, I know.......Pollyanna??

Sorry Bob, I wish I could hand it over, but I'm used to it now :)

On the other hand ... if I started a new ID then I wouldn't have 8000+ posts wouldn't be flashing in neon signs "I have no life!".

Pat, the name change is pretty brutal but the message is clear. I guess the only sane response I can give to that is ... HAHA SUCKED IN :)

Waiting for the day the forums start listening to black metal and I get renamed Frost - Fan hahaha

JKs aside I doubt that will happen, not named after him and I'd just email Bernhard, he should sort you out

Quote..On the other hand ... if I started a new ID then I wouldn't have 8000+ posts wouldn't be flashing in neon signs "I have no life!".

What are you saying?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-16 at 8.52.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-16 at 8.52.20 AM.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 603
Why don't you just start a new user name and start over? Then you can put in your signature that you used to be Pat Mastelotto - Fan. Then after a little while, you can drop that off of your sig.

..ahh wish I could change my name in real life... I love Teyshaun! Too late now.. too many years with this one.

Anyone "remember" the Travis Barker impersonator .... what a flip out city that was ....​
..ahh wish I could change my name in real life... I love Teyshaun! Too late now.. too many years with this one.

No ... it's never too late, Teyshaun ...​
That is a cool name. Like some anime superhero name ....​
Wouldn't be hard to change your name at all ... or start an "alter-ego" ...​
Get that name embossed on the back of a motorcycle jacket (or maybe a duster) .... and have a matching wallet ... and then have a "signature" weapon ... like a double edged Khukuri ... that would be bad-@$$ ... I've never seen a double edged Khukuri ... maybe I could get my "chinese" swordsmith to make one ....​

Attachments

• gurkhas.jpg
    gurkhas.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,259
Last edited:
When I first started posting here, I used my real name and it became a really big hassle. So I asked Bernard and he changed my user ID from Neil Peart to another character. I created this alter persona to keep my anonymity. It seems to be working fine.
Can I be your friend! :)

Haha Grunt, you know exactly what I'm saying :) You've said it yourself more than once ...

Abe, are you sure you'd like to have a name that sounded like a sneeze? Ah ... ah ... ah ... TEYSHAUN!

:)

Anyone "remember" the Travis Barker impersonator .... what a flip out city that was ....​

No ... it's never too late, Teyshaun ...​
That is a cool name. Like some anime superhero name ....​
Wouldn't be hard to change your name at all ... or start an "alter-ego" ...​
Get that name embossed on the back of a motorcycle jacket (or maybe a duster) .... and have a matching wallet ... and then have a "signature" weapon ... like a double edged Khukuri ... that would be bad-@$$ ... I've never seen a double edged Khukuri ... maybe I could get my "chinese" swordsmith to make one ....​

Now thats what I call a smiling assasin. Khukhri is a nasty weapon, Harry but very difficult to master. It has a wierd balance, so the technique is very different from other knife techniques..

Gurkhas are badass dudes.. totally fearless, which is what makes them not a good idea to mess with : )

I like the bike jacket idea. I can be someone else on my bike. hmmm... nice.

Haha Grunt, you know exactly what I'm saying :) You've said it yourself more than once ...

Abe, are you sure you'd like to have a name that sounded like a sneeze? Ah ... ah ... ah ... TEYSHAUN!

:)

A sneeze? Im thinking maybe a Wuhan 12" bell crash

Last edited:
Khukhri is a nasty weapon, Harry but very difficult to master. It has a wierd balance, so the technique is very different from other knife techniques..
Indeed, yes, I've owned a few ... as for "technique" ... I just used to swing mine like a machete​
Gurkhas are badass dudes.. totally fearless, which is what makes them not a good idea to mess with : )
Indeed #2 ... about the "only" thing more dangerous than a Gurkha and a Khukuri is a Gurkha with a Khukuri and an Enfield.​
I like the bike jacket idea. I can be someone else on my bike. hmmm... nice.
Indeed #3 ... Teyshaun ... rider of the crazy wind ...​
My blades ... both Damascus steel ... old school ... kinda like me ...​

Attachments

• phpzeqigJAM.jpg
    phpzeqigJAM.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 595
Indeed, yes, I've owned a few ... as for "technique" ... I just used to swing mine like a machete​

Indeed #2 ... about the "only" thing more dangerous than a Gurkha and a Khukuri is a Gurkha with a Khukuri and an Enfield.​
Indeed #3 ... Teyshaun ... rider of the crazy wind ...​
My blades ... both Damascus steel ... old school ... kinda like me ...​

Lol, Im lovin' this thread..

What sword is that, Harry? Thats not a Samurai blade is it? Thought those were more curved with a slightly different handle..

Gurkhas and Enfields.. now thats old skool, on both counts. Unfortunately Gurkhas are now just the ceremonial guard to the Queen of England ( as if she needs guarding.. ) and Enfields are a modern day relic as well ( awesome sound though... nicer than a Hog )

Unfortunately Gurkhas are now just the ceremonial guard to the Queen of England
Ooooh, not true Abe. They're a fully operational regiment currently serving in most conflicts we're involved in.

As for user names, I'm sometimes under a bit of peer pressure to change it to "mostly keeps it simple". I'd prefer "chops monster" or "dark stallion", but they just further perpetuate my delusional state.

Back