Wing nuts are from HELL!

Kineseous Taxis

Is anyone else out there sick and tired of having your wing nuts sliding down your priceless cymbals, wacking the lacquer off of your bass drum, then (when gigging) either having it get lost and having to replace it, or spending every spare moment on your knees, cursing and 'praying' you'll find it!? It rattles, it comes loose when you want it tighter, or stays tight when you're expecting it to work it's way loose, it's never helped, but I can't play without it! MERCY!!!

I need to find some sort of replacement product or list thereof!

Does anyone share in the frustration? DO you have a story? Let me know!!! Let's start a 'Wing nuts are from HELL' "club"?

While gigging why not just take them off. You have to remove them to breakdown anyway.
One thing that helps that I bought by accident is longer plastic inserts. They stick up further on the thread and allow me to tighten the wing nut down without clamping the cymbal down too tight.

some of my wing nuts got lost when i moved into a new house so i picked up a few of the vater slick nuts and i don't find myself having the problems of loosening while playing or anything like that.

I use the plastic round type of cymbal locks. They are great! Their round shape lessons the chance of dropping them and searching for them on the floor. I use the Tama ones. They are soft and light weight. I haven't dropped one yet. I switched to them a few months ago.

I use cymbal crowns, they don't take up the space of slick nuts, plus faster setup and breakdown. They are the bomb.

Sounds interesting!

Does the crown ever rattle while playing? Does it keep the cymbal from falling off if you turn the stand on its side?

While gigging why not just take them off. You have to remove them to breakdown anyway.
One thing that helps that I bought by accident is longer plastic inserts. They stick up further on the thread and allow me to tighten the wing nut down without clamping the cymbal down too tight.

second that. I use gibraltar flanged cymbal sleeves and just tighten the wingnut all the way down. They never work themselves off and i even thread my cymbals fro the top on one of my rack tiers.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....Extended-FlangedBase-Cymbal-Sleeve?sku=446501

Sounds interesting!

Does the crown ever rattle while playing? Does it keep the cymbal from falling off if you turn the stand on its side?
Cymbal crowns keep the cymbals on the stand upside down. You have to squeeze the cymbal crown to get the cymbal to slide over it, when you stop squeezing it, it springs back just enough to keep the cymbals on. No more threading, just pop the cymbals on, pop em off

I am going to slick nuts, much faster and no spinning and dropping.

372331.jpg

I find the slick nuts too big, but they beat wing nuts

Well if you take them off, your cymbals might fly off.

Back