I'd Hit That podcast

chicowildcat

Hello everyone:

My first post, fairly new drummer as well. Just curious if anyone knows who the guy is to does the "I'd Hit That" podcast. I'm loving that podcast so much right now it isn't funny...the Hal Blaine episode, the episode with Bermuda, Cindy Blackman-Santana, Eric Harland...honestly such cool show. Would be cool to know a little about the guy behind it.

Cheers,
Bryan in Sacramento

I dont have an answer, but I'm sure Bermuda will.

I just saw your handle and got all reminescent of my days at Chico.

that is all.........go wildcats!

I listen to an episode almost every day at work. Been wondering this as well - he sounds like Johnny Knoxville.

His name is Dave Varialle <sp?> and he's a drummer who splits his time between NYC and L.A. He's interviewed some truly legendary players, and apparently there's very little editing, so you're really hearing these drummers talk for as long as they actually did with Dave. Hence, Hal's rather lengthy interview!

I found Dave very easy to talk with, and my interview does ramble a bit for well over an hour, for better or worse. We had lunch afterward and enjoyed another 90min of chat/dirt that (thankfully) wasn't recorded, or I'd have some other drummers and companies pretty mad at me! As it is, I said a few things during the interview that I assumed he'd clean up or cut out... and he didn't. But all of my endorsements and relationships are intact, so I guess it was ok. :)

And of course he gets some great drummers to participate. I nabbed the James Gadson podcast and am anxious to listen!

Bermuda

First, Welcome to the forum,second, Link please?

Thanks for the welcome and responses! Here's the link: http://idhitthatpodcast.podomatic.com

I just listen using a pod catcher on my iPhone called Downcast.

Thanks for the name, I'll keep my eye out for him. I think it was Shawn Pelton that joked the Hal Blaine episode should be sent to the Smithsonian ..which honestly is not a bad idea. I sure hope he gets Roy Haynes or Jack DeJohnette! And awesome job Bermuda, honestly the opportunity to hear working pros is so cool. If Dave looks at forums like this my only recommendation would be to snap some pics for the website...would be cool to see the vintage Ludwig that you mentioned.

Cheers
Bryan in Sacramento

As it is, I said a few things during the interview that I assumed he'd clean up or cut out... and he didn't. But all of my endorsements and relationships are intact, so I guess it was ok. :)

Refering to your rundwown of Ludwig and Guitar Center's rocky relationship? I found the industry insider stuff very informative personally. I also enjoyed hearing about your touring experiences. Great Podcast all in all. The Daniel Glass one was very good too.

Listened to the podcast with Bermuda last night. Waiting for part two. I'll send a penny in the mail. :)

His name is Dave Varialle <sp?> and he's a drummer who splits his time between NYC and L.A. He's interviewed some truly legendary players, and apparently there's very little editing, so you're really hearing these drummers talk for as long as they actually did with Dave. Hence, Hal's rather lengthy interview!

I found Dave very easy to talk with, and my interview does ramble a bit for well over an hour, for better or worse. We had lunch afterward and enjoyed another 90min of chat/dirt that (thankfully) wasn't recorded, or I'd have some other drummers and companies pretty mad at me! As it is, I said a few things during the interview that I assumed he'd clean up or cut out... and he didn't. But all of my endorsements and relationships are intact, so I guess it was ok. :)
Bermuda

As much I enjoyed yours, I wish it had gone more into your playing, the re-creating parts and sounds, and less just gear.

Anyhow, the whole series is awesome.

The Jonathan Mover and Steve Smith interviews are particularly epic.

Ah... interesting... amazing what one little letter can do!

I also really enjoyed how candid you were about the biz, Bermuda. Dave's got a great podcast going on, and I can honestly say that yours, James Gadson's and Hal Blaine's episodes definitely rank as my favorites.

Also - I'm really glad that Ludwig is making in-roads with Guitar Center again. I saw some Signet kits at my local GC the other day and tons of newer Luddy snares. One guy was buying a Supralite and a Supraphonic while I was there. I think that says something.

Love em or hate em, GC is a crucial vendor for many companies. Some companies have a high percentage ot of their eggs in that basket, and have been subject to GC's finiancial ups & downs. Ludwig has a large, strong independent dealer network, and has managed to avoid a lot of uncertainty. But it is good to see Ludwig slowly working their way back into GC, and on their terms. that can only help grow brand awareness, and sales.

Bermuda

Back