I just bought a new kit after 5 years.

Trommur

*With Pics now!!!!*

Hi guys!

Man, after playing my PDP CX Series Blue Onyx Maple kit for 5 years I was ready to maybe get another kit. I've been playing with my band and we are going to be playing some gigs so I wanted to get a better kit for practices and studio work but have my PDP kit ready when we play the gigs. I found a kit on a forum here in Iceland for an unbelievable price in my mind.

I bought a discontinued Pearl Prestige Session Select "Wine Red" Glossy Laqcuer Finish. It has a maple outer and inner ply and in the middle is mahogany. I think it sounds much better than the PDP CS series, a much fatter and deeper sound and I'm really loving it!

I took some crappy pictures with my iPhone but I don't want to ruin it so I'll take a couple of pics with a better camera and flash and post them tomorrow!

Also, if you wanna know the deal I got it's this:

Pearl Prestige Session Select:

10x8"
12x8"
14x12"
16x13"
20x18" (I really love 20" size, I wanted something a little more compact and punchier.)

13x5" Omar Hakim Sig. Snare (older version with gold hardware, great snare!)

6x18" and 6x21" Pearl Quarter Toms (I've wanted a pair of these for ages, I am a huge Portnoy fan).

And Finally a Pearl Eliminator Double Kicker. All for the equivalent of 600$!

I am a happy man! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for pictures!

Last edited:
Pics or it didnt happen! ;)

Alright, here are some pics!

DSCN2354.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2349.jpg

DSCN2347.jpg

DSCN2346.jpg

DSCN2345.jpg

*The reason I have a moongel on the snare is because I don't like the head on it *Evans ST Dry* and also more importantly, the snare wires are puresound brass 24 strand but I like 20 strands.*

DSCN2344.jpg

DSCN2341.jpg

DSCN2340.jpg

DSCN2339.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you good sir! I currently have a 10x6" PDP 808 Snare, Tama Metalworks 14x6,5", The Omar Hakim Sig. and the default PDP CX Series 14x5" Maple Snare. I plan to buy many more in my lifetime!

I've always had one snare at a time but I just recently added a Ludwig Epic 7x14 15-ply birch/maple snare for phatness to go along with my brass crackin' Tama Stewart Copeland. I'm finally being smart and carrying around a spare snare!

Back