DrumMaker.com/Andy Foote - Experience in dealing with them??

Justin Time

I made a reasonable sized order of around $300 of drum parts from Drum Maker.com in early October and have had nothing but dodgy dealings with them ever since....

Am I just unlucky? Has anyone here dealt with this guy and his drum maker parts supply before?

The payment was accepted in early October and then nothing, I contacted him a short time later to ask if the order was processed as nothing was showing in the tracking service provided on the website, he replied to say the tracking service wasn't working and that my order had been received and all was ok.

A few days later the tracking service on his website was updated to say my order was ready for dispatch in the next 5-7 days later. by Mid November the tracking page still showed the same message dated from mid October that my order was ready to be dispatched in 5 - 7 days - that was already more than a month old

Again I contacted "Andy Foote" who told me he would "find" where my order was and get back to me. A day or so later the tracking page on his website said that my order was being put together in the warehouse - in contrary to the month old message that it was awaiting dispatch.

It's now mid December and the order is still being put together in the warehouse and "Andy Foote" never got back to me from mid November when he said he was going to track down my order and tell me whats going on.

Have I been scammed?

Have I just been unlucky?

I'd love to hear if anyone else here has had dealings with this guy and how it went for them? I'm hoping I'm just unlucky and not being ripped off by a scammer....?

Last edited:
Yep sounds familiar, i eventually got what i ordered sort of, but it took a lot of emailing back and forth and months later i received kind of what i originally ordered. haven't been back for more.

Justin,

If you have not yet called your CC company, now is a good time to do it and file a dispute. The earlier this happens, the better.

Thanks for the feedback....

I posted a reasonable question as to what's going on his FB page and he blocked me from commenting so that seems to indicate he is not exactly customer service oriented.....

Last edited:
Justin,

If you have not yet called your CC company, now is a good time to do it and file a dispute. The earlier this happens, the better.

I paid with PayPal thinking that gave me a degree of protection, however I just received this when trying to open a dispute process with PayPal...

"Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication."

Couple of threads for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112502&highlight=foote
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113000&highlight=foote

+1 for drumfactorydirect.com. Quick service, great selection, and some of the best prices on the planet.

Unfortunately I wasn't a member here when I made the order - or they both happened around the same time - I wish I had seen these posts before hand....

Thanks anyway

About a year and half ago drummaker.com took me for about $100 worth of parts. My card was billed and I recieved an invoice in my email. I figured I'd be getting my order shortly. About a month went by and I tried to call them. I got an answering machine and left my name, number and invoice number. They never got back to me. I sent them an email and got back some kind of automated response saying that their email service was down or something. I tried several more times to call them and got an answering machine. Again I left my info. They never got back to me and I never recieved my order.

I will never do business with them again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I recommend amdrumparts. They gave me decent prices and very good service.

I received this interesting email from Andy Foote today -

"Justin

You mentioned reading some old past reviews that concern you. We have had some terribly challenging times in recent years, (employee theft, major flood wiping our out primary vendor and damaging our warehouse, greedy landlord forcing us into a sudden major shop relocation with very little help - after having to fire the stealing employees) During those past times, things got really behind for us, most of our awesome customers were super patient and cool, but a few guys went WAY off the deep end and let it be known. Any who posted with real dealings with our shop were helped 100%. Of course they do not post the good news in the negative "witch hunt" enviroment that lives in those forums. Most of that was anonymous and quite unfair.- But over the past year+, we have downsized, streamlined and are moving forward the best that humans can.

We are truly sorry to have let you down.
We are here to make it right 100%.

I'm not sure what day/time/date it is where you are. But here, it is late evening during the weekend closed time. Nothing can be done to offer help until Monday morning AM.
Just as promised in our previous contact sent at 5am our time, in effort to show good faith desire to help you. We will offer complete help for you an the very next possible open hour."

Justin,

I know it's to my place to give this kind of advice...

Express your sympathy. Request a refund (don't apologize). Supply the PayPal account information that the purchase was made using. Wish him luck on his future endeavors.

Be brief and unambiguous. Get your money back, breath a sigh of relief, and be done with it.

Justin,

I know it's to my place to give this kind of advice...

Express your sympathy. Request a refund (don't apologize). Supply the PayPal account information that the purchase was made using. Wish him luck on his future endeavors.

Be brief and unambiguous. Get your money back, breath a sigh of relief, and be done with it.

yeah that's where we are at right now - supposedly I will get my refund today.....I'm not holding my breath though.....

If they did have issues like they say they did (it happens to everyone), then the right thing to do would have been to contact their customers, let them know the situation, and ask for everyone's patience and/or offer refunds. They probably are cash-tight right now and need the money to recover from whatever happened, so I can sort of understand not wanting to refund everyone's money....but their long-term reputation is worth more than short-term gain. Treat your customers well and they will stick with you.

REFUND RECEIVED

Well credit where credit is due in that he has made the refund (although I haven't checked to see if its the correct amount, I do assume it will be correct)

Although 2 months of nonsense answers and dodgy replies is not really acceptable that led to this

This is no way to run a business or treat customers, the fact I had to play hard ball to get anything other than dribble from this guy does not equate to a good thing.

His "troubles" he describes is all well and good but this is a business - why tell me the order was to be dispatched in October when it wasnt? Why tell me then in November it wasn't being dispatched but was still being put together? Why tell me in November he was tracking the order and would get back to me but never did?

I am grateful I received my money back, but I don't have any respect for his way of doing business......

If they did have issues like they say they did (it happens to everyone), then the right thing to do would have been to contact their customers, let them know the situation, and ask for everyone's patience and/or offer refunds. They probably are cash-tight right now and need the money to recover from whatever happened, so I can sort of understand not wanting to refund everyone's money....but their long-term reputation is worth more than short-term gain. Treat your customers well and they will stick with you.

You make a fair and reasonable comment, however the fact that the issues he mentioned all occurred over 12 months ago tend to discredit him some what. The moving his operation etc etc was all September 2013 - my order was October 2014......His reputation issues that started to appear on forums like this (sadly that I discovered after making my order) also started more than a year ago - so he seems to have been on a down hill slide for more than a year - I doubt hes going to recover if this is how he does business.....

I ordered some hardware two years ago. I got everything I ordered and it's now mounted on a beautiful snare drum, but I had to wait for three months and send some annoyed e-mails threatening to cancel the order.

I paid with PayPal thinking that gave me a degree of protection, however I just received this when trying to open a dispute process with PayPal...

"Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication."

your Paypal account must be tied to another card or bank account. I would contact the bank and let them deal with it.

your Paypal account must be tied to another card or bank account. I would contact the bank and let them deal with it.

Because of the time involved the bank was not exactly interested or helpful however as noted above he refunded the money this morning. Cheers.

INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT

After receiving my full refund I received an email from Andy saying he has sent the parts anyway....

He went on to say should "I decide" to "repay" I would not have to pay the shipping...

I guess you can't fault him for trying to fix it

Its a shame it took such poor communication and dodgy answers to get this far but credit where credit is due.....

Back