Herman Rarebell

IAN - W -

Rebel
Herman "The German" Rarebell:

Formerly drummer and key composer for German rock band SCORPIONS. Best known for the period from 1977 to 1995 in albums: Taken by Force · Lovedrive · Animal Magnetism · Blackout · Love at First Sting · Savage Amusement · Crazy World · Face the Heat. and live recordings, Tokyo Tapes ~ World Wide Live ~ Live Bites.

Remember those songs: Steamrock Fever, He's a woman - She's a man, Black Out, Can't Live Without You, Loving You Sunday Morning, Bad Boys Running Wild.....

Solid rock drummer with a big stroke.....Comments to share?.....Thanks!

Attachments

• HR.jpg
    HR.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,149
  • blackout_tour.jpg
    blackout_tour.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,960
Herman "The German" Rarebell:

Formerly drummer and key composer for German rock band SCORPIONS. Best known for the period from 1977 to 1995 in albums: Taken by Force · Lovedrive · Animal Magnetism · Blackout · Love at First Sting · Savage Amusement · Crazy World · Face the Heat. and live recordings, Tokyo Tapes ~ World Wide Live ~ Live Bites.

Remember those songs: Steamrock Fever, He's a woman - She's a man, Black Out, Can't Live Without You, Loving You Sunday Morning, Bad Boys Running Wild.....

Solid rock drummer with a big stroke.....Comments to share?.....Thanks!

Not the most technical drummer just very solid which is cool he always played Ludwig & Paiste like a couple drummers we know.

I've seen the Scorps about 6 or 7 times I think they are amazing in concert kinda like a Porsche on the Autobahn doing 200+ MPH..........lots of energy & very tight.

I've like HR always a rock solid beat and just the right amount of fills never over-done.

I always liked "The Same Thril","The Zoo","Lovedrive""Make it real" & Crossfire just to name a few.

Bonzolead

Quite good comments, brother!

You know, regarding the different drummers that played with The Scorpions, I think that the most technical approached was Rudy Lenners who performed on In Trance and Virgin Killer.

Not the most technical drummer just very solid which is cool he always played Ludwig & Paiste like a couple drummers we know.

I've seen the Scorps about 6 or 7 times I think they are amazing in concert kinda like a Porsche on the Autobahn doing 200+ MPH..........lots of energy & very tight.

I've like HR always a rock solid beat and just the right amount of fills never over-done.

I always liked "The Same Thril","The Zoo","Lovedrive""Make it real" & Crossfire just to name a few.

Bonzolead

Last edited:
Quite good comments, brother!

You know, regarding the different drummers that played with The Scorpions, I think that the most technical approached is Rudy Lenners who performed on In Trance and Virgin Killer.
The latest drummer James Kotiak (Something like that LOL) is probably the most Tecnical drummer so far IMO he used to jam with Kingdom Clone I mean Kingdom Come LMAO back in the 80's he has pretty decent chops.

Bonzolead

I do enjoy the Scorpions.

I saw them live once, and I thought Herman was pretty boring. He seemed to repeat himself a lot. Although for all his over simplicity, the beat on the chorus of "Rhythm of Love" is pretty darn cool. And I admire his discipline to play just 1/4 notes in the beat of "The Zoo".

But the important aspect of Rarebell is he wasn't just the drummer in the Scorpions, he also helped write many of their songs.

I do enjoy the Scorpions.

I saw them live once, and I thought Herman was pretty boring. He seemed to repeat himself a lot. Although for all his over simplicity, the beat on the chorus of "Rhythm of Love" is pretty darn cool. And I admire his discipline to play just 1/4 notes in the beat of "The Zoo".

But the important aspect of Rarebell is he wasn't just the drummer in the Scorpions, he also helped write many of their songs.
Yes & I believe he helped produce some of the Scorps stuff back then, I know he's a producer today.

Bonzolead

In fact, He did on songs like ~ "Bad Boys Running Wild", "Rock You Like a Hurricane", "He's a Woman – She's a Man", "Another Piece of Meat", "Make It Real", "You Give Me All I Need", "Tease Me Please Me".....and many more.

Check this out: http://www.hermanrarebell.com/

Yes & I believe he helped produce some of the Scorps stuff back then, I know he's a producer today.

Bonzolead

Back