Soundgarden Demo (not cover)

Haha Mike, I never heard of Tad before you posted a track here. Have heard of Soundgarden but never heard them ... so you're still plain old Mike to me :)

Definitely more reserved than your usual frenzy (which is always fun) but my cloth ears aren't picking up "obvious timing issues". I thought you nailed it like everything else you've posted.

That must feel so surreal! I guess it's also a treat to finally hear what became of some old recordings. Great drumming, though. Worthy of such a fine album. But I still prefer Badmotorfinger...

Haha Mike, I never heard of Tad before you posted a track here. Have heard of Soundgarden but never heard them ... so you're still plain old Mike to me :)

Definitely more reserved than your usual frenzy (which is always fun) but my cloth ears aren't picking up "obvious timing issues". I thought you nailed it like everything else you've posted.
Thanks Grea, I'm happy to remain plain old Mike to you, and everyone else for that matter. This was just one of those happy flukes. I'm reminded a little of "annoying" Ken and your comment about better nice than right, though. I'm pretty thick-skinned so no need to hold back! Thanks, though :)

That must feel so surreal! I guess it's also a treat to finally hear what became of some old recordings. Great drumming, though. Worthy of such a fine album. But I still prefer Badmotorfinger...
Thanks! Treat is right. It would have been enough to have just gotten a copy of the recordings for my own collection, but to see it actually get released was quite a shock indeed.

That's awesome! Good playing. Thanks for sharing your story.
Thanks, apols for not acknowledging your post earlier - no snub intended :)
I am but a lowly drum monkey. Im honored to have shared the same internet space as you. lovely work!

This is so cool! What an awesome opportunity.

-Joey Guidi
http://youtube.com/joeyguidi
Thanks fellas!

Joey - I checked out your signature link - nice drumming. Very groovy and smooth. You seem very comfortable with complexity - I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

One final thought that occurred to me on the whole Matt played my parts bit. I already went into enough detail about how the music dictated what I did (and what Matt did), but it also struck me that Matt probably never heard those two songs until they were in the studio setup to record, so he really didn't have the time to ponder it much even if he wanted to.

One of the CDs in the box set has a collection of rehearsal recordings where you can hear them working things out, but these two weren't a part of that process, so with the studio clock ticking ($$), I think it was probably most practical to just follow what was there. And for the umpteenth time - the music wouldn't have permitted much else anyway.

Thanks for listening all!

Last edited:
I'm reminded a little of "annoying" Ken and your comment about better nice than right, though. I'm pretty thick-skinned so no need to hold back! Thanks, though :)

LOL well played :)

But really, all your postings I've heard are tight and happening, and with most of them I really enjoy that mix of mania and structure you have. You were really laying back in this one compared with usual - surprised you weren't using brushes ;-)

Back