Sony's UK HQ/Factory burned to the ground.

Currently here in the UK (well, England. Not Scotland, Wales, or Ireland. I live in Scotland) there has been riots which started over a gangster being shot dead after firing at police officers. Many other thugs have been smashing up England and burning places aswell as breaking into stores and looting everything they can for nothing.

A shopping mall has been burned to the ground, an iconic furniture store has also been burned aswell as many homes and other places. One of them being Sony.

Inside the Sony factory was the UK's Sony record publishing and this is bad for the Music industry and many artists like Jessie J have went to Twitter to try and get help.
People are calling themselves 'anarchists' but I think they mean arsonists.

here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o

This is absolutely ridiculous. A target was also Jamie Oliver's Birmingham restaurant which has been broken into and destroyed.

I sincerely hope everyone in England stays safe and everything will be restated in the near future.

Firstly, the person that was shot did not fire; according to the official IPCC investigation. Not saying what has happened since is at all justified - just that those are the facts.

Secondly, as far as I understand this was a Distribution Centre, not a factory. It has major implications on Sony's power on the retail market in England and I hope Sony continue to exist in the UK after all the major setbacks they've had this year. I grew up with a Sony stereo in my parents' living room and a Sony TV in the lounge and I've always had an affection for their electronics products. It's a real blow to a lot of very hard-working people that work for Sony. Not only that; it's a blow to all those hardworking business owners that have had their shops and businesses ruined by mindless vandalism.

Secondly, as far as I understand this was a Distribution Centre, not a factory. It has major implications on Sony's power on the retail market in England and I hope Sony continue to exist in the UK after all the major setbacks they've had this year. I grew up with a Sony stereo in my parents' living room and a Sony TV in the lounge and I've always had an affection for their electronics products. It's a real blow to a lot of very hard-working people that work for Sony. Not only that; it's a blow to all those hardworking business owners that have had their shops and businesses ruined by mindless vandalism.

I grew up with a discman and a 9" Sony TV from the 80's when I was little aswell as playstations. The 9" Sony TV was in my room on a wall bracket I can remember that because my mum and dad had just got a new 22" Box TV. Hahaha.
Sony have good stuff and not to mention most of my favourite artists are signed to Sony BMG and if that disappeared from the UK I'd also be devastated.

All the hard working people in England don't deserve what's going on. People have tried to start riots up here in Scotland in Aberdeen and Glasgow and as soon as a post was made on Facebook police would track the IP and arrest people as young as 15. So the police up here are actually being ok for once (just ok... They're worthless up here).

You mean you can tell the difference between a normal night and a riot up there in Scotland?

Sorry - it was just too easy.

You mean you can tell the difference between a normal night and a riot up there in Scotland?

Sorry - it was just too easy.

Hahaha! True! Sauchiehall Street at 1am and everyones killing each other outside.

Or Trongate at 6pm and everyone's on the bringe of killing each other over drugs.

Or after a binge in Radar's or Cafe Drummond pubs in Union Street...or the surrounds of Victoria dock.

Mini rant;

"Disaffected youth" is the term used by the softie PC brigade. Yeah right! I was dragged up out of an orphanage on the dock road of Liverpool, & I didn't go round shitting in my own nest! When will these spoilt little scroungers learn that, even if you're a homeless guy in the UK, you're still in the top 10% of the most wealthy citizens on this planet.

I often hear "well, they're bored" as an excuse for their lack of self control. They're bored, because they're not starving! If they were constantly hungry (i.e. like half the planet), they wouldn't have time to be bored, they'd be consumed with the task of keeping themselves alive. These idiots need a dose of world reality, not "reality TV"!!!

Sorry, end of mini rant.

Mini rant;

"Disaffected youth" is the term used by the softie PC brigade. Yeah right! I was dragged up out of an orphanage on the dock road of Liverpool, & I didn't go round shitting in my own nest! When will these spoilt little scroungers learn that, even if you're a homeless guy in the UK, you're still in the top 10% of the most wealthy citizens on this planet.

I often hear "well, they're bored" as an excuse for their lack of self control. They're bored, because they're not starving! If they were constantly hungry (i.e. like half the planet), they wouldn't have time to be bored, they'd be consumed with the task of keeping themselves alive. These idiots need a dose of world reality, not "reality TV"!!!

Sorry, end of mini rant.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...

That's an interesting bug! I did not put a space before the last 3 zeros, and when I click edit the space isn't there....

Q ominous music..

Mini rant;

Sorry, end of mini rant.

True andy. These pathetic little kids are not starving to death on the streets. They live in a country which provides a soft landing for people who are unable to work and abuse it just because they can't be arsed to go into further education or get a job. Now they're running riot nicking whatever they feel like just because they know the softie coppers aren't going to do anything about it. This is no longer about politics or civil unrest, it's just stupid spoilt little chav cunts nicking stuff because they can. I am usually a leftie liberal softie guardian reading type, but right now I swear if I had any sort of decent weapon i would go out tonight and kill any fuckers i see breaking into a shop or trying to set fire to something.

On a musical note, apparently Dawsons in manchester has been broken into and the little scroates have gone and nicked all the guitars. What really tops it off though is that they've been using these valuable instruments to smash the windows of pound shops so they can go and nick some cheap tat! Wankers.

Last edited:
True andy. These pathetic little kids are not starving to death on the streets. They live in a country which provides a soft landing for people who are unable to work and abuse it just because they can't be arsed to go into further education or get a job. Now they're running riot nicking whatever they feel like just because they know the softie coppers aren't going to do anything about it. This is no longer about politics or civil unrest, it's just stupid spoilt little chav cunts nicking stuff because they can. I am usually a leftie liberal softie guardian reading type, but right now I swear if I had any sort of decent weapon i would go out tonight and kill any fuckers i see breaking into a shop or trying to set fire to something.
Right on Eddie! They deserve a good thrashing. I'm normally a very accomodating guy too, but sometimes you have to go in with a hard hand when idiots like these are clearly taking the piss. They're too damn comfortable, & do this simply because they believe they can get away with it. Clearly, they can't see beyond their own greed & work out that they're actually crapping on their own doorstep.

a country which provides a soft landing for people who are unable to work and abuse it just because they can't be arsed to go into further education or get a job..

Did anyone notice none of the job centers got touched? Heaven forbid the jobless scum who were involved in the riots couldnt go get their dole money the next day, from the government they are ranting about!

Did anyone notice none of the job centers got touched? Heaven forbid the jobless scum who were involved in the riots couldnt go get their dole money the next day, from the government they are ranting about!
Yes, good point. They clearly have just enough brain power to compute that, just. Hope you're away from this crap mate. Keep safe.

On a musical note, apparently Dawsons in manchester has been broken into and the little scroates have gone and nicked all the guitars. What really tops it off though is that they've been using these valuable instruments to smash the windows of pound shops so they can go and nick some cheap tat! Wankers.

On another musical note, my thoughts are with musos and bands playing at venues caught in the middle of this crap. Do instrument insurance policies cover this sort of situation? My band are playing in Sheffield city centre on Friday and Saturday night - so far no trouble reported there but I think I'll take my least expensive stuff and plan how to make a quick getaway....

I add my support to the "level headed" views of our DW members across the pond. Having travelled extensively over your way going on some 35 years the anger I feel towards this type of mindless actions is best left not totally spoken {printed} on the forum.

Seeing poor innocent folks left homeless and their life business's gone not to mention hertitage buildings gone like you see in Croydon that survived bombing in 2 wars leaves me quite upset. Spent a month in Croydon as well as in recent years some time in Manchester. Seeing what has taken place in both those locations as well as many others under "fire" i've visited long enough to get to know the locals has made me quite sad.

Vancouver had it own mindless riot this year with the same content of mindless idiots doing the same "Darwin Award Winning" crimes. Same stupid crap, different country...in this case at present a country which I consider a second home.

Save the jail space {and free food} and throw the whole bunch of them in the Thames........

If you throw them in the Thames they'll end up downstream where I am!

I add my support to the "level headed" views of our DW members across the pond. Having travelled extensively over your way going on some 35 years the anger I feel towards this type of mindless actions is best left not totally spoken {printed} on the forum.

Seeing poor innocent folks left homeless and their life business's gone not to mention hertitage buildings gone like you see in Croydon that survived bombing in 2 wars leaves me quite upset. Spent a month in Croydon as well as in recent years some time in Manchester. Seeing what has taken place in both those locations as well as many others under "fire" i've visited long enough to get to know the locals has made me quite sad.

Vancouver had it own mindless riot this year with the same content of mindless idiots doing the same "Darwin Award Winning" crimes. Same stupid crap, different country...in this case at present a country which I consider a second home.

Save the jail space {and free food} and throw the whole bunch of them in the Thames........

Dawsons in Manchester got destroyed and looted. Not burned. But there's smashed piano's and guitars everywhere apparently. Turns my stomach to be honest because that was the first shop I visited in Manchester.

Back