IM AMPLIFYING MY KIT = HELP

ManniMan94

Hey
i only have like £200 and i want to get every thing i need with that
7 mics ( 3 toms, a snare, bass drum and 2 overheads)
7 leads for those mics
4 clips for the mics
and a mixer to put em through
The rest i dont realy need yet

Please help
i have found some deals already, and asked about them on this many a time, but no one is offering any advice.
Ones i have found are, Gatt mic's and Red audio 5 mic's
Which are better?, and do you know of any decent mic's, with good deals?

You won't be able to get anything, even low-quality, with that little money. If you looked on Craigslist, over time, you might be able to put together some decent used gear for that amount. But if you want the convenience of getting it all at once, I don't think you could do it for that amount. You could maybe get a decent mixer and cords for that amount, or just some low-end mics.

Yes, you've got no chance of getting all that for £200, at least not new. Someone might be prepared to sell you some old gear, but that's down to luck and knowing where to look.
As far as mics go I can recommend the Red5 Audio set, they don't quite have the punch of the big name Shure or AKG mics but they have a good clean sound, they can handle the SPL, and for £21 or so a mic, with clips, you can't argue with that. And they come in a nice case, too! For live sound on a budget, they're fine.

The overheads are surprisingly good. They don't output a very high signal, but if you've got preamps that you can't turn down much like I have then that can actually be an advantage. Self-noise is higher than more expensive mics but not even noticeable when recording a drum kit. Plus you can put AA batteries in them so you can use them with no 48v supply!

For that amount of equipment if you want even decent Mic's i would assume it would be allot more then that.

Back