Merry Christmas to me with Mind Expansion!

Just wanted to let y'all know I'm expanding my mind a bit for Christmas. Years ago I tried to play guitar but didn't take it serious enough and just this past week, I thought - what the heck, I'll take lessons this time too!

I went into the Guitar Center looking for a hi-hat mounted ching ring and as I walked by the guitar racks, spotted this 2001 left-handed Fender Strat. Of course, I had to get an amp too. So I'm struggling with playing a new instrument telling myself I could be just like Prince or Lenny Kravitz (since both play drums too). Nothing says Christmas like Mind Expansion, eh?

I bought myself a cheap Carlo Robelli a few years ago,and my buddy who plays guitar tried to set it up finally threw his hands in the air and told me this is as good as I can get it.Since he works part time for Mandolin Bros.,I accepted the fact, and tried to play,but became frustrated at fingering exercises,and barre chords.

I just picked up a Taylor 110E for a song, and this guitar is just what the doctor ordered.Just beautuful clear rich tone,and it stays in tune.So i'm back to learning again,and more determined that ever.Hopefully,I will last more then 2 months this time.;)

Steve B

I bought myself a cheap Carlo Robelli a few years ago,and my buddy who plays guitar tried to set it up finally threw his hands in the air and told me this is as good as I can get it.Since he works part time for Mandolin Bros.,I accepted the fact, and tried to play,but became frustrated at fingering exercises,and barre chords.

I just picked up a Taylor 110E for a song, and this guitar is just what the doctor ordered.Just beautuful clear rich tone,and it stays in tune.So i'm back to learning again,and more determined that ever.Hopefully,I will last more then 2 months this time.;)

Steve B

I'd love a nice Taylor, but those 510 Dreadnaughts are a bit rich for me. I tell parents they must get their kids good stuff to learn on all the time - if it's difficult to play, the kid will stop trying. It's a shame how many people give up thinking they're not talented when in actuality the instrument was making it difficult to learn! Good for you!

I do know this Strat was set-up well and they put new light strings on it. I've removed all the excuses that the instrument would be holding me back ;)

Back