Behringer Eurorack UB1202

Footballer

Hi Guys and congratulations on a great forum.

Just bought the above for my Mics to plug into for live gigging. The frony of house PA mixer has an XLR input I can plug into, however do I only use only one 1/4" jack out of my mixer (main out).
Reason I ask is the abover mixer has left and right main out but Mono is fine. Do i sinply plug in to left or right and go into to the PA mixer.

Appreciate your help,

Tony

One thing you can do is to have two channels in main FOH mixer, so you can plug your left channel into one and right into another one with two TRS-XLR cables. Or simply get a twin TRS-TRS/RCA cable and plug it into a stereo channel on main mixer.

One thing you can do is to have two channels in main FOH mixer, so you can plug your left channel into one and right into another one with two TRS-XLR cables. Or simply get a twin TRS-TRS/RCA cable and plug it into a stereo channel on main mixer.

Thanks for getting back to me.

So a single 1/4" jack from the left or right out of the main wouldn't work for mono?

Usually, Left would be mono, but only if it says so. Otherwise, it won't work for u. You'll still get sound, but you'll be missing the full left-right sound.

I use a cord that has a 1/4" on one end and 2 phonos (auxiliary ends). The 1/4" end is mono. I plug the mono 1/4" into my main mixer in either the aux input or just a regular channel, then I plug the phono ends into a stereo out/ tape out/ aux out/ rec out. You should have an output on the Eurorack that takes phono cables/ aux cables, right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 195
I don't think I would run a mixer with RCA jacks. They are for if you plug an IPOD in on breaks.

You could pan everything to the right side and use the right main out. You definitely want to use an XLR cable if possible not the 1/4" or the RCA. It doesn't need to be stereo. Vocals in a PA are considered a mono mix generally speaking. You could bring them into a channel strip on the FOH PA, just like you are plugging a microphone in, which will send the signal to both the right and left mains, as well as the monitors.

If you're running a sub-desk into a main desk (sounds like what you're doing) then using the main out isn't a terrible idea. What I would do, though is input your desk (in stereo or mono) into the main desk using Jack to XLR cables and put it through a pair of channel strips at the end of the desk, rather than using an RCA lead. They're more secure connections and more robust.

In terms of mono or stereo, with a live setup, stereo is rarely the option. Having a wide sound stage at a gig is usually a bad idea because you're isolating separate parts of the mix to separate parts of the venue. You usually want everyone in the space hearing the same mix regardless of where they are standing - hence mono.

Back