NFL '09-'10 Come Get Some

Come you guys you know the Lions are the worst team bar-none.

Bonzolead

The Lions will win approx 4 or 5 games. Almost no one who was with the team last year is still there. Granted, New Orleans has a crappy defense, but Lions managed to put up 27 points on them. Last year the Lions never scored 27 (or more) points on anyone. In fact, when the Lions played the Saints last year, they only scored 7.

That's enough improvement to get a few wins as the season goes on, especially given they have both the Rams and Browns on their schedule. LOL.

I don't think they'll be picking #1 overall 2 years in a row.

Pats got lucky, but they also worked for that fumble. Bills were better than I expected.

The Pats might regret trading Seymour, because he was a beast with the Raiders, and made the Chargers look dumb for 59 minutes (even if the rest of the Raiders are still somewhat inept). Speaking of the Chargers, they played 59 minutes of horrible football, and 60 seconds of what everyone expected them to do; that's not going to get it going when the playoffs come around.

The Cardinals looked as expected: Not that good!

The Brocos got lucky, but are still going to be bad this year. The Bengals are still the Bungals.

I can't understand why the Vikes pried Favre out of retirement to just hand off the ball, and throw a 100 yard game. Any QB cold have done that. But then again, it was just the Browns.

The Jets looked like they might be better than I thought.

The media is getting a little too excited about the Cowboys. Wait until they play the Giants.

While most of the media is gushing over Flacco's impressive offensive performance, I'm wondering what ever happened to that great Raven's defense, given that a back up QB from a team that just fired their OC was able to score on the Ravens they way they did.

Chicago; Same ol'e story: great defense, sorry offense. I still think Green Bay is going take that division.

Uhh....cause they have the best RB in the league on their team....it'd be a dam shame if they didn't utilize that to its full potential.

I'm excited to see what the Jets can do. They looked a little more than half decent in that game.

The eagles are lookin good too. I really really wanna see vick play...I cant wait to see what they do with the wildcat with a (hopefully) fast quarterback and a pretty solid qb.

Uhh....cause they have the best RB in the league on their team....it'd be a dam shame if they didn't utilize that to its full potential.

I'm excited to see what the Jets can do. They looked a little more than half decent in that game.

The eagles are lookin good too. I really really wanna see vick play...I cant wait to see what they do with the wildcat with a (hopefully) fast quarterback and a pretty solid qb.

Vikes: Pretty my point. They don't need Favre to hand off.

As for Vick, he looked horrible in pre-season. I wouldn't count on him to do squat any time soon. The Eagles didn't just re-sign Jeff Garcia for nothing.

The Lions will win approx 4 or 5 games. Almost no one who was with the team last year is still there. Granted, New Orleans has a crappy defense, but Lions managed to put up 27 points on them. Last year the Lions never scored 27 (or more) points on anyone. In fact, when the Lions played the Saints last year, they only scored 7.

That's enough improvement to get a few wins as the season goes on, especially given they have both the Rams and Browns on their schedule. LOL.

I don't think they'll be picking #1 overall 2 years in a row.

Thanks that's the optimism I wanna hear. All the Lions fans are gonna celebrate when they get there first win almost as much as if they went post season LOL...............almost

Bonzolead

Bottom five
1- Lions
2- Rams
3- Chiefs
4- Bengals
5- Raiders

Last edited:
While most of the media is gushing over Flacco's impressive offensive performance, I'm wondering what ever happened to that great Raven's defense, given that a back up QB from a team that just fired their OC was able to score on the Ravens they way they did.

if they get back to their savagery - they are one the most fearsome defenses in the league - and they finally have a playmaker in Flacco, he's not perfect but he's got a pile of potential - reminds me of a young Favre...

I don't really care about the patriots except for when people who don't live in new england or are not from new england say they are patriots fans. Then I call them a bandwagon (Thats pretty much every good team for me, hint hint wink wink steelers fans). I all really have to say is that the Redskins are going to be at least 9-7 this year and make the playoffs. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Redskins: The team has shown no faith in Jason Cambell as he enters a contract year. It would be hilarious if Cambell played really well, took the team deep into the playoffs, and then walked away on the team that didn’t believe in him. OK, I doubt it will happen, but it would still be hilarious if it happened.

Dude, only people outside of D.C. are saying that and it's all thanks to ESPN. We've had like 10 interviews with Jason and all he says now is that he wants to make an impact. He has said about 10 times that he is fine now.

Anyone ever hear the old Cowboys joke?

>Did you hear the cowboys don't have a field anymore?

>No, What?!

>Yeah, They smoked all the grass and snorted all the lines!

ok, week one is been and gone so what are your wildest 2010 predictions?...

- Vick get's the starting job ahead of McNabb, yup - i said it...
- Patriot's and Colt's both garner not more than 10 win's apiece, it could happen folks...
- Raider's make the playoffs!!!

Dude, only people outside of D.C. are saying that and it's all thanks to ESPN. We've had like 10 interviews with Jason and all he says now is that he wants to make an impact. He has said about 10 times that he is fine now.

Of course he wants to make an impact. He's in a contract year on a team that has tried to replace him twice. If he doesn't make an impact, he knows he's going to be back up somewhere else next season.

ok, week one is been and gone so what are your wildest 2010 predictions?...

- Vick get's the starting job ahead of McNabb, yup - i said it...
- Patriot's and Colt's both garner not more than 10 win's apiece, it could happen folks...
- Raider's make the playoffs!!!

1) Nope. Vick was never that good to begin with, and has looked horrible so far.

2) Not unless both teams lose multiple starters to injuries.

3) Not unless Al Davis dies/sells/retires.

welp, it looks like the jets are serious....

and it looks like TB isnt that good when he's under pressure....

and it looks like Eli is becoming an elite quarterback....

and it looks like Tony Romo is falling through the cracks....

My thoughts 2 weeks in:

The wheels are coming off the Patriots bus. Trading Seymour after having already lost so many defensive players is turning into a huge mistake. Their D is sinking to average, and the offense suddenly can’t make up for it. I won’t count them out, but suddenly, them winning the division is no longer automatic.

The Jets and Bills are both better than I expected, which making the AFC-E suddenly a lot more interesting.

The AFC-N goes through Baltimore now.
After this season Eric Mangini may never work in the NFL again.

The Chargers are frauds.
Denver is the worst 2-0 team in the league.
The Raiders and Chiefs are both in trouble. It’s almost sad someone has to win the division out of default.

I’m not surprised the Titans are 0-2. Colts lead the division.

Eli Manning may not be the best QB, but he’s as cool as ice under pressure, marching the Giants down the filed to a game winning FG as time was running out. With McNabb out, the NFC-E goes through New York right now.

Tony Romo: threw 3 picks this week, oh where is the media to gush about his greatness now?

I’m not so sure Favre isn’t still retired. Hand off, dump pass, hand off. He’s 30th in passing yards, which will drop to 31 if Pennington throws more than 89 yards tonight.

My expectation that Green Bay is going to take the NFC-N is in seriously jeopardy if they can’t find some pass protection.

Don’t worry Lions: I still think the Browns and Rams will be worse than you at the end of the season.

Speaking of the Rams: They’ve only scored 7 points, making them dead last in the NFL in points scored.

The Saints have scored 93 total points so far; which is 24 more points than the #2 most scoring team, the Ravens.

The Cardinals have proven to be the same bi-polar team they were last season: the play like crap one week and play like an elite team the next.

If the Seahawks and Panthers could go back in time to last April, I think they’d both wish they had taken a QB for the future right about now.

Three field goals. Is this the romp and crush you were speaking of Colonel?
Looks like the Pats are just another team.

Back