What is your favorite album right now?

What is an "album"?

My collection is all digital these days. Approximately 90,000 tracks. (Many nights of ripping CDs)

But my portable collection is made up of :
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
The Beatles
Depeche Mode
Faith No More
Weezer

An album is a collection like a photo album, record album. It doesn't have to be a plastic, black , grooved plate with music on it. I bought the plastic black grooved plate of The Moody Blues, Days of Future Passed, in 1969 and it still keeps my interest today.

Both of mine are Vinnie Colaiuta albums: either Jeff Richman- One Two or Tom Hemby- In the Moment. Both on spotify for all you Vinnie philes

What is an "album"?

My collection is all digital these days. Approximately 90,000 tracks. (Many nights of ripping CDs)

But my portable collection is made up of :
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
The Beatles
Depeche Mode
Faith No More
Weezer

I was wondering if there was a different music store that everyone knew about but me! Most of my friends have never heard of the bands I listen to, but I haven't ever heard of most of the groups ya'll are naming...just goes to show you how vast the music universe is.

RinkRat, you are closer to me than the others, but I think I am still way out there. I have been collecting CDs on secondspin recently, so a bunch of new stuff on the MP3:

All Time Low - Nothing Personal
Theory of A Deadman - Scars & Souvenirs
Hinder - Extreme Behavior
Saving Abel

...and finally, my go to when I just need a pick me up....(I think I might get kicked off DW for even admitting it)...

Nickelback - Dark Horse

Listening to Daniel Adair was one of the key things that led to my desire to play drums.

The Cult............LOVE

Attachments

• The Cult Love.jpg
    The Cult Love.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 239
Always the Favorite

Nirvana's In Utero

my perfect idea for un (studio) Adulterated music. Though some here may not appreciate how brash it is

Currently it's this:

mingus_zps7209483b.jpg

Not so much Album but DVD....
Joe Bonamassa live at the Albert Hall...
Can't stop listening to it..

I've said it before, but I'm still stuck on this album: 21 Spices, Trilok Gurtu/Simon Phillips and the NDR Bigband . That has got so many layers of stuff to listen to and dissect...

I have been collecting all the works of Elvin Jones, and now I am listening to Ole' by John Coltrane. The song Ole's is really good, it has two Upright bass players on there. Really worth listening to if you have not heard it yet.

Ooops... How could I forget Nirvana, and the Police?

Nickelback? Yikes. ;)

I do like the Police - I'm a little young for the group, but Sting was one of the first concerts I ever went to. It was great, but I almost failed my chemistry exam the next day...worth it.

Nickelbacklash - noun. An antagonistic reaction to a musical ensemble, due to popularity, radio kill, or general dislike. Usually occurs when one actually enjoys a band, but refuses to admit it so as not to incur disgust from peers. Also involves singing along when all the doors are closed and the windows are up.

It seems like I'm on a trend, though - the Canadians have taken over my playlists...NB, Theory of a Deadman, My Darkest Days...

I do like the Police - I'm a little young for the group, but Sting was one of the first concerts I ever went to. It was great, but I almost failed my chemistry exam the next day...worth it.

Nickelbacklash - noun. An antagonistic reaction to a musical ensemble, due to popularity, radio kill, or general dislike. Usually occurs when one actually enjoys a band, but refuses to admit it so as not to incur disgust from peers. Also involves singing along when all the doors are closed and the windows are up.

It seems like I'm on a trend, though - the Canadians have taken over my playlists...NB, Theory of a Deadman, My Darkest Days...

Next you're going to say you have every Creed CD.

... crap. I do.

OK...so it's back to "Abbey Road " for me again.I just listened to the Fab Faux cover of most of the B side of the album,(which is just phenominal) but I needed to hear the original.

Just a master piece of music.

Steve B

I have two in circulation atm, Behemoth, Evanglion and Blotted science, The Animation Of Entomology. Happy as a pig in sh*t \m/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back