Why does my slave pedal hate me???

T

The Old Hyde

Ok I have a Pearl Eliminator double pedal. The stupid cam on my slave pedal keeps falling off while playing. I didnt notice the blue one missing until setting up at a gig and the pedal kept hitting the base plate. I knew something was wrong with that and noticed the cam gone. This saturday playing the black cam, I noticed it fell out after a song. I put it back in and made sure it was secure and it still fell out 2 more times. I put the white one in last night and it looks very secure just like the other two did. I hope it stays. Has anyone else had problems with the cams falling out?

Ok I have a Pearl Eliminator double pedal. The stupid cam on my slave pedal keeps falling off while playing. I didnt notice the blue one missing until setting up at a gig and the pedal kept hitting the base plate. I knew something was wrong with that and noticed the cam gone. This saturday playing the black cam, I noticed it fell out after a song. I put it back in and made sure it was secure and it still fell out 2 more times. I put the white one in last night and it looks very secure just like the other two did. I hope it stays. Has anyone else had problems with the cams falling out?

I've never had any problems- there is a locking device if I remember rightly which prevents this- is yours damaged or not engading somehow?

I've never had any problems- there is a locking device if I remember rightly which prevents this- is yours damaged or not engading somehow?

Its a little spring lock that slides over to engage or disengage the cam for removal. It goes all the way over to lock and I cant pull off the cam by hand without moving the slide. The pedals are clean and less than a year old. I just dont get it?

My white one fell out Saturday night. I noticed it on the floor when I was taking my pedals off. I hate these cams! Judging by the last post about this its lasted 10 months so not too bad I guess. I really may switch to single pedal....but song endings are so much fun with a double.

That's... Odd actually. I think the issue may be with the fact that the cams are detachable, and only held in place by a lock. Try out a DW or a Tama pedal; the cams don't come off, so you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Back