Queen's Diamond Jubilee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleven-eleven

Wow, just spent the morning glued to the t.v. watching the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Just wanted to say it's times like this that I can say I'm extremely proud to be British..
What a fantastic turn out despite the rain.

Last edited:
They are going to air much of that on television tonight on ABC here in the U.S. A LOT of great artists played last night. Paul McCartney, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Tom Jones to name a few. I'm tuning in for sure.

Wow, just spent the morning glued to the t.v. watching the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Just wanted to say it's times like this that I can say I'm extremely proud to be British..

I agree, given that Her majesty is 86, she has shown some amazing stamina through the events of the last few days. Here's hoping Prince Phillip makes a swift and complete recovery.

They are going to air much of that on television tonight on ABC here in the U.S. A LOT of great artists played last night. Paul McCartney, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Tom Jones to name a few. I'm tuning in for sure.

Don't miss Grace Jones; she was hilarious. Not at all bad for 64.

Isn't it always raining over there? :)

Watching now..loved Madness doing Our House on the palace...classic.

Also excited to see Paul and Abe.

Well, as usual, American television rips concert to shreds and we don't get see a lot of the great acts. So bummed no Annie Lennox :(.

I only bow to one Queen and She is at home cooking for me!

The light show on the front of the palace during Madness's "Our House" was amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ_Y582zl5k
I enjoyed Stevie Wonders performance as well.
I thought Paul McCartney sounded a little rough, but kudos for him for still being able to rock!

Insert remarks about the Royal Family that could be perceived as unpatriotic here.
It's absolutely not unpatriotic to say that the royal family is a money-wasting, undemocratic political anachronism. If that's what you were going to say. It might not have been, but it is what I would say. Having a monarchy is a political choice. We cut the head of it all once, but they got back in again, tho with vastly reduced powers.

I don't think they're necessarily money-wasting - in total they probably bring in more in terms of tourism revenue than they cost; although I'm not privy to the figures.
And of course there was the huge boost to the Chinese economy provided by all the plastic flags and bunting bought for the weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back